American Heritage -- US Heritage Award

American Business, American Cultures, American Heritage, American Labor, Animal Science, Archaeology, Archery, Architecture, Art, Astronomy, Athletics, Atomic Energy, Auto Mechanics, Aviation, Backpacking, Basketry, Bird Study, Bugling, Canoeing, Chemistry, Chess, Cinematography, Climbing, Coin Collecting, Collections, Computers, Cooking, and Crime Prevention.

Moderators: Site Admin, Moderators

American Heritage -- US Heritage Award

Postby AquilaNegra » Wed Dec 19, 2007 2:40 am

Has anyone done the US Heritage Award in conjunction with the American Heritage badge?

Are the Heritage Awards awarded to the Scouts in the same manner a religious knot might be?
AquilaNegra

Postby Nuts4Scouts » Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:16 am

The requirements for the US Heritage Award do not directly correlate with the requirements for the American Heritage Merit Badge. While it is a nice addition to the theme of learning about our heritage, an American Heritage MB Counselor can not require that a boy earn the US Heritage Award.

I am not sure how/when you award religious knots. If you are asking if the US Heritage Award can be awarded at a COH, sure. It can not be worn on the BSA uniform however.

One note on the US Heritage Awards, I have heard a number of people have had a very hard time getting the awards from this organization. So, buyer be warned.
Nuts4Scouts
Eagle

Heritage

Postby riverwalk » Thu Jan 03, 2008 2:26 pm

While not the Heritage Award in question, it can relate well I think to the work in the AH Merit Badge? Look into the James Stewart Citizenship Award (wording may differ slightly). Even if Scouts don't work for the Jimmy Award, they could use him as a source subject for some of the MB requirements?
riverwalk
Bronze Palm

Return to Merit Badges -- A-C