Eagle Ceremony

Information to help with the rank of Eagle Scout.

Moderators: Site Admin, Moderators

Eagle Ceremony

Postby Guerillero » Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:34 pm

I have been told to find an eagle ceremony that I like for mine next week. The issue is that I have yet to find one I like. Is there anything that I HAVE to have in it.

cheers

--Guerillero
2012 ESR Nature Director
Eagle Scout 2011
OA Vigil Honor 2011
Guerillero
Second Class

Re: Eagle Ceremony

Postby smtroop168 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:51 pm

Guerillero wrote:I have been told to find an eagle ceremony that I like for mine next week. The issue is that I have yet to find one I like. Is there anything that I HAVE to have in it.

cheers

--Guerillero

Just you! :)

Actually there is a book on www.nesa.org with lots of ideas for you.
"Providing Quality Info One Paragraph At A Time"
smtroop168
Silver Palm

Postby Nuts4Scouts » Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:21 pm

If you can't find a pre-packaged ceremony that you like, write your own.

Get ideas from the Eagle ceremonies online. Use what you like from each, and put together something that works for you.

Good luck, and Congratulations on earning Eagle!
Nuts4Scouts
Eagle

Postby ronin718 » Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:36 pm

smtroop168 wrote:
Guerillero wrote:I have been told to find an eagle ceremony that I like for mine next week. The issue is that I have yet to find one I like. Is there anything that I HAVE to have in it.

cheers

--Guerillero

Just you! :)

Actually there is a book on http://www.nesa.org with lots of ideas for you.

I would recommend having your parents there as well. Not a good idea to forget them. :oops:
1st ASM, 2010 NCAC Jambo Troop 521
WB NE-IV-216 Eagle, Beaded 17 June 2010
Unit Commissioner, Goose Creek District
ronin718
Eagle

Postby Bill Pitcher » Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:24 am

I have a question: Who prepares the Eagle Ceremony in your troop? Is it the New Eagle, The Troop Committee, the New Eagle's parents, the Council, all of the above? Who does it?
Eagle '63, ASM, Council Advancement Comm.(Eagle advisor),OA VIGIL member,NESA, council training staff,
Bill Pitcher
Eagle

Postby Reasonable Rascal » Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:51 am

Just did one last Saturday and have another one coming up the end of the month. In both cases the family decided on a general ceremony pattern and the troop fine-tuned it. Last week's we held the official, formal CofH followed immediately by friends and dignitaries offering comments, etc, and even a proclamation by the Mayor of it being (insert boy's name here) Day. We did it this way so the solemnity of the ceremony wouldn't be over-ridden.

The scout's mother had a few self-aggrandizing ideas that we tossed out as inappropriate. Otherwise we did an Eagle Charge, Pledge, history of the Eagle and other standard things as desired by the family. Two Scoutmaster Emeritus' of the Troop were involved in the presentations as well as the SM, ASM and JASM, and even the boy's step-father. It took just over an hour for the formal ceremony and another 20 minutes after flag retirement for the informal portion of the ceremonies.

RR
Boys can save lives when Scouting first saves them.
Reasonable Rascal
Star

Postby FrankJ » Wed Oct 09, 2013 4:00 pm

In our troop generally it is the responsibility of the family. Other eagle parents typically help with the logistics. They are held separate from regular court of honors & are as elaborate or not as the family desires.
Recently we recognized several scouts, who did not want a separate ECOH as part of the troop meeting.
Frank J.
Venturing Crew Adviser, Assistant Scout Master, Renegade Merit Badge Counselor
Owl-2 WB 92-49
Foothills District Atlanta Area Council
I never teach my pupils. I only attempt to provide the conditions in which they can learn.--Albert Einstein
FrankJ
Gold Palm

Return to Eagle Scout