What happens to money after the Eagle project?

Information to help with the rank of Eagle Scout.

Moderators: Site Admin, Moderators

Re: What happens to money after the Eagle project?

Postby smtroop168 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:16 pm

kwildman wrote:Unfortunately, a lot of this is a problem with non-compliance from the top down. National can come out with as many rules as they want but they don't have any enforcement. I am looking forward to the new GTA and hopefully this will make not only clarify the advancement policies to the leaders but will also be a resource for scouts and parents. Unit leaders that do not follow the rules need to be removed plain and simple.

BINGO! We have a winner. One of the downsides of the old /current book was the Title - Advancement Committee Policies and Procedures. Most never read it because they didn't feel it was applicable and it was not very well put together.

The "Guide to Advancement" (WHEN it comes out :) ) will get more interest by parents/scouts. It also has processes for scouts to follow if they are being treated unfairly and stop some of the stupid leader tricks including those at the District/Council level. Scout Executives will need to be willing to take action against those who continue their antics. Easier said than done sometimes I know.
"Providing Quality Info One Paragraph At A Time"
smtroop168
Silver Palm

Postby agdparker » Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:38 pm

smtroop168 wrote:BINGO! We have a winner. One of the downsides of the old /current book was the Title - Advancement Committee Policies and Procedures. Most never read it because they didn't feel it was applicable and it was not very well put together.

The "Guide to Advancement" (WHEN it comes out :) ) will get more interest by parents/scouts. It also has processes for scouts to follow if they are being treated unfairly and stop some of the stupid leader tricks including those at the District/Council level. Scout Executives will need to be willing to take action against those who continue their antics. Easier said than done sometimes I know.
I know I thought the same thing about the book when I saw it in the Scout shop. It wasn't until after reading various posts on this site that I realized it was intended for everyone.

I've brought it out many times working with well-meaning leaders and parents and it has helped get through some potentially sticky situations. I've talked it up so much that now that it's not in our local Scout shop, I'm betting that some of the leaders/parents are beginning to doubt its existence!
agdparker
Star

Postby FrankJ » Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:14 pm

Frank J.
Venturing Crew Adviser, Assistant Scout Master, Renegade Merit Badge Counselor
Owl-2 WB 92-49
Foothills District Atlanta Area Council
I never teach my pupils. I only attempt to provide the conditions in which they can learn.--Albert Einstein
FrankJ
Gold Palm

Previous

Return to Eagle Scout