So, here's a list that I have handed out to my BoR volunteers to help them get started and in the flow of the board. I am going to add some of the questions from earlier in the thread to this list...
Regarding the Project:
- What is Leadership?
- How did you demonstrate leadership during your Eagle Project?
- What changes did you have to make to your plan, and why?
- What was the most difficult part of the project?
- How did you pick the project, or what made you choose it?
- Have you received feedback on your project?
- What did you learn from doing the project?
- What would you do differently?
I especially like to focus on interpersonal issues that may have come up during the project, and then have the Scout discuss the leadership lessons or philosophy that guided him through the difficulty.
- What, big-picture-wise, are you taking away from Scouting?
- Do you plan to give back? How?
- Why do you want to earn the rank of Eagle?
- How would you change the Scouting program?
- What was your focus as (PL, SPL, etc)? How did you work to accomplish it?
- How would you change the requirements for Eagle?
- What would you change in your troop?
- What experience do you value the most? Why?
- Merit badges—favorite, why?
- What are your plans for school or career?
- How have you been able to apply your Scouting experiences outside of Scouts?
- Where do you see yourself in 5/10 years?
- What special interests do you have?
- What did you expect us to ask or talk about that we didn’t?
- What would you do if we didn’t approve you for this award?
- What questions do you have for us?
Thanks much for all of your input,