Age Requirement for shotgun and climbing mb

Scout Badge, Tenderfoot, Second Class, First Class, Star, Life, and Eagle Palms.

Moderators: Site Admin, Moderators

Age Requirement for shotgun and climbing mb

Postby scoutdiver » Tue Jan 17, 2006 7:23 pm

I think I have the ability to earn the shotgun and climbing mb's. Do you think there should be an age restriction. I am under the age of 13
:?:
scoutdiver

Postby OldGreyBear » Tue Jan 17, 2006 8:08 pm

There are no age restrictions on merit badges
OldGreyBear
Eagle

Postby scoutdiver » Tue Jan 17, 2006 9:07 pm

Oh sorry, I thought you had to be 13 to earn those merit badges. I must have got confused w/ summer camp.
scoutdiver

Postby Mrw » Tue Jan 17, 2006 10:20 pm

Some summer camps have age restrictions on these merit badges so they can control the number of boys who sign up for them. There are no official age requirements for any badges.

At our summer camp the boys must be 13 for climbing and motorboating. Shotgun Shooting has a minimum weight limit since there are a few boys who are very small their first year or two and might not be able to safely handle the gun.
Last edited by Mrw on Wed Jan 18, 2006 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mother of two Eagles and troop Advancement Chair
Mrw
Gold Palm

Postby Mad Dog » Wed Jan 18, 2006 9:54 am

There is no age requirement for merit badges. At our summer camp they do caution that the boys must be physically able to handle the shotgun. They do have an age requirement for horseback riding but that is just because it is off site and they need to limitthe number of boys attending.
Mad Dog

ASM - MBC
Mad Dog
Life

Postby scoutdiver » Wed Jan 18, 2006 2:55 pm

thanks for letting me know
scoutdiver

Re: Age Requirement for shotgun and climbing mb

Postby RWSmith » Wed Jan 18, 2006 6:23 pm

scoutdiver wrote:I am under the age of 13.

No offense scoutdiver, but... you must be 13 or older to register or post mesages on this board. I'm sorry; but, it's for your own protection and that's the way it is. These are the terms you agreed to when you registered. I have deleted your account. You must not register on this board until you are at least 13. You are welcome to surf the board and read posts; but, you must not register or post until you turn 13. (This was made abundantly clear during your registration process.)

We have logged your IP Address, which means that if you try to re-register under another name, we will know and you will be permenantly banned from this board. However, once you turn 13, you can re-register and post. Thank you for your understanding.

I ask that you not be offended by this action; I promise you, it's nothing personal... Please surf the board, learn what you can; but, no posting 'til you turn 13.
RWSmith
Site Admin

Postby cescout » Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:46 pm

I am not sure that BSA has a age restriction, but most camps that you go to will tell you that you must be 13.
CE-SCOUT
cescout
Star

Postby scouter01 » Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:41 pm

cescout wrote:I am not sure that BSA has a age restriction, but most camps that you go to will tell you that you must be 13.

I don't mean to attack you, however this thread was already answered and its a year old. Next time only post on an old thread if you have new content. you basically repeated what other people had said.
scouter01
Eagle

Postby wagionvigil » Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:57 am

Thankyou!
NER Area 4 COPE/Climbing Chairman
NE Area 4 Venturing Chairman
"If You Ain't a Bear, You're a Meal!"
wagionvigil
Counselor

Postby smtroop168 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:09 am

I agree. cescout appears to be posting to every subject just for the sake of posting. He joined this week and he's up to 77 postings and he doesn't have his council in his profile.
smtroop168
Silver Palm

Postby wagionvigil » Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:10 am

He hasbeen warned :!:
NER Area 4 COPE/Climbing Chairman
NE Area 4 Venturing Chairman
"If You Ain't a Bear, You're a Meal!"
wagionvigil
Counselor

Postby cescout » Thu Jan 10, 2008 2:41 pm

I am pretty positive that I have had my Council in profile since the day I joined.
CE-SCOUT
cescout
Star

Return to Scout Badge, Tenderfoot through Life, and Eagle Palms