My Eagle Project

This is to be used when something does not fit in any of the Other Forums

Moderators: Site Admin, Moderators

My Eagle Project

Postby stevejb68 » Wed Dec 02, 2015 4:20 pm

Here is a different kind of Eagle project involving the Eagle Scouts of Melrose Troop 68.
It is a bit different then you are probably thinking.
http://www.melrosetroop68.org/blog/?p=4663
Steve B.
Scoutmaster, Troop 68, CMC
...I used to be a Bobwhite...
http://www.melrosetroop68.org
stevejb68
Life

Re: My Eagle Project

Postby BartHumphries » Wed Jan 06, 2016 6:03 pm

As long as the District/Council Eagle committee (whoever it is that's responsible in your area) signed off on the proposal, then more power to him.

The Eagle Scout workbook says,
Your proposal must be completed first. It is an overview, but also the beginnings of planning. It shows your unit
leader, unit committee, and council or district that the following tests can be met. For your proposal to be approved,
it must show the following:
1. It provides sufficient opportunity to meet the Eagle Scout service project requirement. You must show
that planning, development, and leadership will take place; and how the three factors will benefit a religious
institution, a school, or your community.
2. It appears to be feasible. You must show the project is realistic for you to complete.
3. Safety issues will be addressed. You must show you have an understanding of what must be done to guard
against injury, and what will be done if someone does get hurt.
4. Action steps for further detailed planning are included. You must make a list of the key steps you will take to
make sure your plan has enough details to be carried out successfully.
5. You are on the right track with a reasonable chance for a positive experience.

I have no idea what sort of planning, development, and leadership demonstration will take place in that service project, so I really can't comment on it. As long as your local committee signed off on the proposal, however, he should be fine.
BartHumphries
Star

Return to General Advancement Information