This IS Not A Test!!!

This is to be used when something does not fit in any of the Other Forums

Moderators: Site Admin, Moderators

This IS Not A Test!!!

Postby wagionvigil » Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:33 pm

There is an excellent article about what a BOR is in the New Scouting Magazine. Page 48 to make it easier.
NER Area 4 COPE/Climbing Chairman
NE Area 4 Venturing Chairman
"If You Ain't a Bear, You're a Meal!"
wagionvigil
Counselor

Re: This IS Not A Test!!!

Postby VenturingL » Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:32 pm

Received my copy Saturday, and read the article right away - it is good. Has one been done on the Scout Master Conference? If not, maybe one entitled "This is not a test either" could be done.
Merit Badge Counselor (Communication, Theater, Public Speaking)
Wood Badge Fox SR-861
VenturingL
Star

Postby smtroop168 » Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:49 pm

VenturingL wrote:Has one been done on the Scout Master Conference?

October 2008 issue...same author.
"Providing Quality Info One Paragraph At A Time"
smtroop168
Silver Palm

Postby nephron » Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:31 pm

After this week all I can say is that this magazine's circulation must be limited
nephron
Scout

Postby wagionvigil » Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:01 pm

It is called the Gate keeper Syndrome A person gets ionformation but does everything in their power to no allow anyone else to find out about it.
wagionvigil
Counselor

Postby cballman » Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:10 pm

The circulation is not the problem. Its the leaders who cant seem to understand that we do not make them up. We follow them.
Charlie tha BEAR with issues
"if you aint a BEAR your snackfood"
cballman
Site Admin

Postby AquilaNegra2 » Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:15 pm

We're training the new Committee Members (and Scouts) to think of a BOR as training for a job interview rather than an exam. It seems to be helping.
AquilaNegra2
Eagle

Postby Lynda J » Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:16 pm

Gatekeeper syndrome doesn't only apply to BORs . When I started in Cubs our Committee Chair informed me that only the CC could go to Round Table. I finally ran into someone at the Scout Shop and he ask me why I wan't coming to RT. I told him what I had been told and he said he expected to see me the next Thursday night at the RT meeting. I showed up with two other adults and boy if looks could have killed she would have killed all of us. She didn't like that we were getting information. Come to find out the Pack was only getting information that she wanted us to get. Within three months she was ask to step down and I ended up as CC. that was 12 years ago. Boy how time flies when your having fun.
your community is a tree. You are either a leaf that feeds it or mistletoe that suckes it dry. Be sure you are always a leaf.
Lynda J
Gold Palm

Postby wagionvigil » Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:24 pm

Lynda J wrote:Gatekeeper syndrome doesn't only apply to BORs . When I started in Cubs our Committee Chair informed me that only the CC could go to Round Table. I finally ran into someone at the Scout Shop and he ask me why I wan't coming to RT. I told him what I had been told and he said he expected to see me the next Thursday night at the RT meeting. I showed up with two other adults and boy if looks could have killed she would have killed all of us. She didn't like that we were getting information. Come to find out the Pack was only getting information that she wanted us to get. Within three months she was ask to step down and I ended up as CC. that was 12 years ago. Boy how time flies when your having fun.

First Welcme Back Stranger missed ya for a long time
Second Every leader owes their boys their attendance at Roundtable and training.
For Instance the New Powder Horn course is for all Trained adult leaders and any Trained youth 14-18
wagionvigil
Counselor

Postby Lynda J » Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:40 am

It is good to be back. I have missed this site. Things have been crazy the past couple of years starting a new career and moving. But things have settled down a bit. I love training. Like taking same training over with different groups of people since everyone brings a new prospective to a training and I love seeing how someone else views things.
your community is a tree. You are either a leaf that feeds it or mistletoe that suckes it dry. Be sure you are always a leaf.
Lynda J
Gold Palm

Postby RWSmith » Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:53 pm

Welcome back... we missed you.

:mrgreen: < bear hug > :mrgreen:
RWSmith
Site Admin

Return to General Advancement Information