"Scouting Books Online"

Like the Campfire, but Technology-oriented -- Operating systems, programs, internet, mobile... Tips, links, tips, favs, etc.

Moderator: Site Admin

"Scouting Books Online"

Postby KM4PSL » Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:12 pm

Please forgive me if I am posting this in the wrong place. I have looked at the "Scouting Books Online" link when you go to meritbadge.net, and I think it must have been made when there weren't many "boy scout books" online. But in 2016, I am guessing around 100+ scouting books available on the internet, which are in the public domain. I appreciate the hard work someone must have taken making a whole page for each different chapter, but I believe it might have been more efficient to link to the public domain copies available on Project Gutenberg.

I have a list of Boy Scout novels I made for a PD audiobook project, and it is available here. Some of them don't really display the Scout Law and Oath real well, like the Herbert Carter series and the George Harvey Ralphson series. But others were actually authorized by the BSA, like "Roy Blakeley", "Tom Slade", "Pee-wee Harris", and "Westy Martin."

Again, I'm not sure if this is the right place, I cannot find anywhere else to put this.

Edit - Could a moderator please move this to "The Campfire"? I couldn't see that until I was logged in, and I actually pressed create a topic before I signed in.

Thanks
PSL
KM4PSL
Scout

Return to Geek Stuff for Scouts and Scouters (Informal)