PWC Ordeal Weekend 12-14 Jun 09

This is for OA members and to ask questions about the OA. Under no Circumstance is restricted information to be posted on this forum. If it is the forum will be deleted and the offender banned from the Group.

Moderators: Site Admin, Moderators

PWC Ordeal Weekend 12-14 Jun 09

Postby ThunderingWind » Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:36 am

wagionvigil wrote:BTW TW are you ready for this weekend? I was going to try to make ceremonies Saturday night but I have a group climbing until 5 so that is out. Enjoy
I think so. I just hate the rain. I did more than enough of "in the rain" when I was in the Army to last any Scouts lifetime. But I have a huge tarp and I think I have the right bag for night time temps.
No Longer a Registered Scouter
ThunderingWind
Gold Palm

Re: PWC Ordeal Weekend 12-14 Jun 09

Postby wagionvigil » Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:12 am

Take a tarp that you can put under you then cover up with. And usually if it gets too bad they will put you in shelter. I did my ordeal in a Storm and in those days you stayed out in it. I also woke up with a snake in my sleeping bag. I think you are OK with the rain just checked the Forecast looks clear tonight.
NER Area 4 COPE/Climbing Chairman
NE Area 4 Venturing Chairman
"If You Ain't a Bear, You're a Meal!"
wagionvigil
Counselor

Postby kwildman » Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:42 am

you should be fine w/ a 6'x8' tarp. just roll up in it if it starts raining. i was glad it rained during the night because it cooled me off... the only non-down insulated/weatherproof sleep bag i had was a 30deg bag and i am a warm sleeper.

Have fun.
No one can pass through life, any more than he can pass through a bit of country, without leaving tracks behind, and those tracks may often be helpful to those coming after him in finding their way. - Lord Baden-Powell
kwildman
Bronze Palm

Postby ThunderingWind » Sun Jun 14, 2009 11:16 am

I am back. I survived. $30 dollars lighter (he he he darn patches)....Great weekend. One boy from my troop was there and sealed his membership. He got to hand my sash.

This is going to be fun!!!!!!!
ThunderingWind
Gold Palm

Postby wagionvigil » Sun Jun 14, 2009 12:07 pm

I thought you would enjoy the weekdn. The cermonies are always exciting the first time you see them. In 10 months you may seal your membership in the Brotherhood and another exciting ceremony. I will get a wagion flap to you now.
wagionvigil
Counselor

Postby kwildman » Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:42 pm

TW - congrats. I just got back from our 2nd ordeal weekend --- much more fun on the other side. :D
No one can pass through life, any more than he can pass through a bit of country, without leaving tracks behind, and those tracks may often be helpful to those coming after him in finding their way. - Lord Baden-Powell
kwildman
Bronze Palm

Postby wagionvigil » Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:21 am

Now the Key is to get involved with the Order and help with a committee. You guys just need to get rid of that Purple junk :lol:
wagionvigil
Counselor

Postby ThunderingWind » Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:35 am

wagionvigil wrote:Now the Key is to get involved with the Order and help with a committee. You guys just need to get rid of that Purple junk :lol:
I will proudly wear my grape t-shirt.

I will get involved - somehow. My first personal task is memorizing everything. My "Service to my Unit" task is making a personal contact with each "Sash-n-Dash" member we have and invite them to the next event, see why they "dropped" and see what if there is anything I can do to make their membership more enjoyable. I might even pay dues for those that have lapsed if money is a serious issue.
ThunderingWind
Gold Palm

Postby wagionvigil » Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:49 am

Most Sash and dash just want anoth patch to where. Plus in adults they do not like the idea that boys are really in charge and the adults make NO decisions Period!
wagionvigil
Counselor

Postby Chief J » Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:04 am

TW

Welcome to the Brotherhood!! enjoy the fellowship and friendships you will make.

Chief J
Chief J
Bronze Palm

Postby wagionvigil » Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:08 am

Conclave at 7 Mountains Next year
wagionvigil
Counselor

Postby ThunderingWind » Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:46 am

wagionvigil wrote:Most Sash and dash just want anoth patch to where. Plus in adults they do not like the idea that boys are really in charge and the adults make NO decisions Period!
I will have not problem just sitting back while the boys do the all the work. I might even ask to the an Elangomat for the Adult clan next spring.
ThunderingWind
Gold Palm

Postby wagionvigil » Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:58 am

When I was LA I occasionally went out with the Ordeals. But in our Lodge everyone works at the weekends not just the Ordeals.
wagionvigil
Counselor

Postby Bill Pitcher » Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:13 am

TW: Welcome to the WWW. You will truely enjoy the brotherhood and the OA Weekends, NOAC, and area conclaves. I'm retired and still am actively involved . . . I was just the NE 7B Conclave advisor. Service to scouting and our camp is in my blood forever. And, as mentioned above, seal your membership in the Order in 10 months by completing your Brotherhood . . . another NEAT ceremony.
Eagle '63, ASM, Council Advancement Comm.(Eagle advisor),OA VIGIL member,NESA, council training staff,
Bill Pitcher
Eagle

Return to Order of The Arrow