Hi Sanfire 5, I have been mentoring Eagle Scout candidates for over 20 years and first I have some questions:
1. Are you going to be "fixing" these old computers or will you be training and directing "others" to do it?
2. Do you know how to clean the hard drives of the donnor's personal information?
3. How will you collect components: set up a drop-off site, collect them like Scouting for Food (i.e. 2 weekends)?
4. Will you be raising the funds to purchase missing components to make a complete package (i.e. tower, key board, mouse, printer, laptop, etc)?
5. What will you do with computers whose OS is outdated and unsuported?
If these "bases" are covered, look to Veterans centers and/or homes to donate completed computer sets, or a "battered woman's shelter" or a children's home, etc. You could run a couple of clinics for senior citizen's living centers while donating computer equipment to the center. You have a good project thought here, so run with it. You'll soon be "Soaring with other Eagles!" Good luck.
Eagle '63, ASM, Council Advancement Comm.(Eagle advisor),OA VIGIL member,NESA, council training staff,