LOWE'S "Scholarships!"

Information to help with the rank of Eagle Scout.

Moderators: Site Admin, Moderators

LOWE'S "Scholarships!"

Postby Bill Pitcher » Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:43 pm

Have any of you looked at rhe "reqs" for obtaining the $100 Gift Card from Lowe's for Eagle Projects? Most Eagle candidates can run a car wash or bake sale and earn more money in less time then it takes to fill out the paperwork and submit it to be considered for one $100 gift card!
Eagle '63, ASM, Council Advancement Comm.(Eagle advisor),OA VIGIL member,NESA, council training staff,
Bill Pitcher
Eagle

Re: LOWE'S "Scholarships!"

Postby mhjacobson » Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:48 pm

Think of it this way: it a few less cars that need to be washed.

Seriously, I know of more than one scout who came into Lowe's with the $100 gift card, and left with more than $100 in merchandise due to a friendly store manager who was ether a scout or who was sensitive to the scout and his needs.
50 year+ scouter -- have held almost all adult leader positions in Cubs, Scouts, & Venturing, currently serving as Council Scouting for Youth with Disabilities Chair.
mhjacobson
Eagle

Re: LOWE'S "Scholarships!"

Postby FrankJ » Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:33 am

Managers of the big box stores can typically give a 10% or so discount on a whim. Rather or not they will is a different question. Never hurts to ask. Especially if you have your 30 sec elevator speech ready about the benefit of the specific project. Remember the "donation" goes to the beneficiary in the community, not the Boy Scouts.
Frank J.
Venturing Crew Adviser, Assistant Scout Master, Renegade Merit Badge Counselor
Owl-2 WB 92-49
Foothills District Atlanta Area Council
I never teach my pupils. I only attempt to provide the conditions in which they can learn.--Albert Einstein
FrankJ
Gold Palm

Return to Eagle Scout