Project not funded

Information to help with the rank of Eagle Scout.

Moderators: Site Admin, Moderators

Project not funded

Postby ScoutMomGWRC » Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:13 pm

I have a question about a project that has not been able to raise enough money to complete the project.
The beneficiary is unhappy and has an unfinished project.
Who is responsible for this since the boy has given up and moved on from Scouting?
Is it the troop?

I have searched the internet regarding incomplete projects and can't find anything ...
ScoutMomGWRC
First Class

Re: Project not funded

Postby smtroop168 » Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:28 pm

ScoutMomGWRC wrote:I have a question about a project that has not been able to raise enough money to complete the project.
The beneficiary is unhappy and has an unfinished project.
Who is responsible for this since the boy has given up and moved on from Scouting?
Is it the troop?

I have searched the internet regarding incomplete projects and can't find anything ...

You won't. I'm sure there is a lot more to the story on how this fell apart.

I'll assume this EP was done using the old workbook. The EP is a "quasi-contract" between the scout and the Beneficiary. The new EWB (pg 10) has wording on each person's level of responsibility that each signs up to.

I don't know what the EP was but we had a case similar to this where the scout didn't complete the EP. The Troop took it upon themselves to finish it as a Troop Service Project but they were under no obligation to do so.
"Providing Quality Info One Paragraph At A Time"
smtroop168
Silver Palm

Re: Project not funded

Postby Bill Pitcher » Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:22 pm

Same happened here. Boy didn't finish his EP, even with an extension! Long story . . .Paul Harvy would have loved it. Anyway, the troop finished it (under no obligation . . .they felt bad for the church the boy did his project for). The boy went to EBoR . . .and failed! He didn't complete Req. #6 either (all of this is in another post).
Eagle '63, ASM, Council Advancement Comm.(Eagle advisor),OA VIGIL member,NESA, council training staff,
Bill Pitcher
Eagle

Return to Eagle Scout