Online instruction for ESLSP

Information to help with the rank of Eagle Scout.

Moderators: Site Admin, Moderators

Online instruction for ESLSP

Postby ronin718 » Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:47 pm

Check out this website... http://www.squidoo.com/doing-your-eagle-scout-leadership-service-project

It's an instructional site on how to do an Eagle Project. Might be helpful to all those Life Scouts and soon-to-be Life Scouts.
1st ASM, 2010 NCAC Jambo Troop 521
WB NE-IV-216 Eagle, Beaded 17 June 2010
Unit Commissioner, Goose Creek District
ronin718
Eagle

Re: Online instruction for ESLSP

Postby ronin718 » Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:55 am

Wow... 50+ visits to this thread and no comments. Did this link leave you speechless??? :lol:
ronin718
Eagle

Postby FrankJ » Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:12 am

It is nicely done & reflects the experience of one eagle's journey through the process. The information is pretty much what is in the preamble of eagle project work book though.
Frank J.
Venturing Crew Adviser, Assistant Scout Master, Renegade Merit Badge Counselor
Owl-2 WB 92-49
Foothills District Atlanta Area Council
I never teach my pupils. I only attempt to provide the conditions in which they can learn.--Albert Einstein
FrankJ
Gold Palm

Postby smtroop168 » Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:14 am

Nope...nothing new here, there are other sites that do the same thing. All those sites will be changing there info whent he new Eagle WB comes out anyway.
"Providing Quality Info One Paragraph At A Time"
smtroop168
Silver Palm

Postby ronin718 » Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:26 am

The information is pretty much what is in the preamble of eagle project work book though.

That's true, but many youth don't take the time to read the dry, black-and-white, adult-level language. They just jump right in. This is written from the youth-level perspective, breaking it out and throwing in visuals, with enough adult language that the parent over-seers won't be going "HUH?".

Was anything missed that should go in? Things do get missed. It's been two years since this Eagle did his project, so the memory may already have been dumped for other HS-aged stuff.

Nope...nothing new here, there are other sites that do the same thing. All those sites will be changing there info whent he new Eagle WB comes out anyway.

Yep, and this site will have to make changes as well. Different perspectives reach out to different people. This one's more peer-level.
ronin718
Eagle

Postby smtroop168 » Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:50 am

ronin718 wrote:
The information is pretty much what is in the preamble of eagle project work book though.

That's true, but many youth don't take the time to read the dry, black-and-white, adult-level language. They just jump right in. This is written from the youth-level perspective, breaking it out and throwing in visuals, with enough adult language that the parent over-seers won't be going "HUH?".

Was anything missed that should go in? Things do get missed. It's been two years since this Eagle did his project, so the memory may already have been dumped for other HS-aged stuff.

Yep, and this site will have to make changes as well. Different perspectives reach out to different people. This one's more peer-level.

I think you will find the new EWB more "kid friendly" than the current one.
"Providing Quality Info One Paragraph At A Time"
smtroop168
Silver Palm

Postby Fibonacci » Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:58 am

Thanks for the link. I forwarded it to an eager Scout who will be passing his Life Board on Monday. (Okay, I assume he'll pass.)
Fibonacci
Life

Postby ronin718 » Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:37 pm

Ahhh... Good to hear from CSC, the council of my youth. Got out there earlier this month for a family wedding and even did the Puyallup.

Hope the site helps...
ronin718
Eagle

Return to Eagle Scout