Get'r done before 18

Information to help with the rank of Eagle Scout.

Moderators: Site Admin, Moderators

Re: Get'r done before 18

Postby smtroop168 » Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:42 pm

Fred Johnson wrote:
IMPORTANT NOTE: Time extensions because of late reference letters will not be granted by the National Boy Scout Committee. Please contact references if they have not responded in two weeks.

It doesn't say what they will do if the reference letters don't arrive. I was giving them the benefit of the doubt and hoping they go forward on schedule with a EBOR. I agree that BSA does not grant time extensions for references because their not required. (By the way ... "National Boy Scout Committee" ... What's that? It's capitalized like it is an official name. )

For a year, our troop was focused on writing our troop's policies and procedures. As we learned more, we dropped documenting policies and procedures. Instead, we wrote a parent orientation guide to our troop that documented costs, common camps and a few of the specifics that troops are allowed to specify. We referenced the key BSA documents that contained the policies and procedures.

Fred...the National Boy Scout Committee is the group referred to in the Appeals section of the ACPP. Now they are called the National Youth Development Committee.

We did the same with our new parents info.
"Providing Quality Info One Paragraph At A Time"
smtroop168
Silver Palm

Postby jr56 » Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:45 pm

I've encountered the same nonsense. The District wrote a pamphlet stating that they needed a list of the scouts campouts for his EBOR. I was there to help the scout. After showing them the Advancement Policies and Procedures references where nobody can alter the requirements, they finally admitted that it was to provide them (the Board) with material for questions about the boys scouting experiences. I reminded them that was fine, but that they could not require it.
jr56
Bronze Palm

Postby Fred Johnson » Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:04 pm

smtroop168 wrote:Fred...the National Boy Scout Committee is the group referred to in the Appeals section of the ACPP. Now they are called the National Youth Development Committee.

Wow. Learn something new every day. I've read the whole ACPP and my brain never absorbed that as an official name. Thanks!
Fred Johnson
Life

Postby RWSmith » Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:43 pm

NOTE: The Greater Cleveland Council - ESRA - References issue has been split off into another thread... so, please continue that discussion over there.
RWSmith
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Eagle Scout