Need some advice here

Information to help with the rank of Eagle Scout.

Moderators: Site Admin, Moderators

Re: Need some advice here

Postby Mrw » Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:26 am

As long as you have let him know what the deadlines are for getting the necessary things done to finish, you have done all you can and the battle of how his parents are going to earn their badge is his, not yours.

If they contact you again, let them know you talked to the son and he has all the information he needs to finish if HE wants to.
Mother of two Eagles and troop Advancement Chair
Mrw
Gold Palm

Postby Bill Pitcher » Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:02 pm

This young man's EBoR should be interesting (if he makes it!!). We always ask for a description fo his "Scouting experiences." What is he going to tell the board, nothing? Or: "I don't know?" You may be wasting your time "biglou" but give him a time list and what he has to do and the rest is up to him. Talk it over at the next TC so that everyone is in on it. Give them copies of the list also (just to cover all bases).
Eagle '63, ASM, Council Advancement Comm.(Eagle advisor),OA VIGIL member,NESA, council training staff,
Bill Pitcher
Eagle

Postby biglou » Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:37 pm

Bill Pitcher wrote:This young man's EBoR should be interesting (if he makes it!!).
The big question is "if".
Big Lou

Insert witty tag line here! LOL
biglou
Eagle

Postby Bill Pitcher » Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:53 am

Biglou: What's the latest on this young man?
Eagle '63, ASM, Council Advancement Comm.(Eagle advisor),OA VIGIL member,NESA, council training staff,
Bill Pitcher
Eagle

Postby biglou » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:26 pm

Bill,

That is a good question. When I last saw him about several weeks ago, I said hi to him as he walked by on his way home from school. I asked what he was up to and he said he was on his way towards the eastern half of the state for a college visit. He never mentioned anything about Scouts and I was not going to initiate the conversation about Scouts since he seemed more interested in going to his college visit. In my opinion, he is not interested. I could say more about this but will not.

Sorry about not answering sooner. I forgot my password and had to get a new one.
Big Lou

Insert witty tag line here! LOL
biglou
Eagle

Previous

Return to Eagle Scout