Updates

Information to help with the rank of Eagle Scout.

Moderators: Site Admin, Moderators

Updates

Postby Trigirl » Sun May 10, 2009 12:04 pm

As I posted under the Maturity for ESLSP thread, our Troop Committee had a great meeting last Wed night and cleared the air on what role the SM and Committee have on giving the green light to a Life scout to start his Eagle project. It seems we have also made headway on the Merit Badge issue as well (nothing signed yet on a blue card). So I do believe we are going to line up with BSA policy - YIPPEE!

I wanted to update everyone on my son - he completed his project this weekend and we are all so proud of him we could burst. He has overcome a lot of adversity (Cowboy's son and a few others could help write a book on this one) - but I think it has made him appreciate it even more.

His project was to build a pantry space for a ministry of our church - they were storing food in an old bedroom on plastic shelves and tables and on the floor. Not in compliance with code for food pantries. It was amazing to see the transformation of the room. It was even more impressive to see him in action. I must admit I about teared up as I listened to him give an interview to the local newspaper. I couldn't believe this was my boy!

My husband, who is an Eagle from 50 years ago!, was really amazed at the transformation of our son over the three months he has worked on this. He can't stop talking about what a wonderful thing this is for our young men - to learn so many lessons that will benefit them for years to come -

What more could a mother ask for Mother's Day?
"Leadership is the art of getting someone else to do something you want done because he wants to do it.
Dwight D. Eisenhower

"The supreme quality for leadership is unquestionably integrity."
Dwight D. Eisenhower
Trigirl
Second Class

Re: Updates

Postby wagionvigil » Sun May 10, 2009 12:14 pm

:D :)
NER Area 4 COPE/Climbing Chairman
NE Area 4 Venturing Chairman
"If You Ain't a Bear, You're a Meal!"
wagionvigil