Eagle Certificate Still Shows Pres. Bush as Honorary Chair

Information to help with the rank of Eagle Scout.

Moderators: Site Admin, Moderators

Re: Eagle Certificate Still Shows Pres. Bush as Honorary Chair

Postby biglou » Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:22 am

FYI, I just picked up a Scout's Eagle Scout credentials. The "Gold Card" was missing. I am assuming that he will get the new with with the new "Presidential Signature". He was happy to get "W"'s signature on the big certificate. I just told him to watch the comments because of his new job that he starts on June 11. They don't take too kindly to that especially since it falls under the UCMJ if you know what I mean!
Big Lou

Insert witty tag line here! LOL
biglou
Eagle

Postby AquilaNegra2 » Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:15 pm

#1's card was missing, too. They said they'd send it when they "got the new ones in." Whatever that means....
AquilaNegra2
Eagle

Postby LSR » Fri May 01, 2009 11:09 pm

AquilaNegra2 wrote:#1's card was missing, too. They said they'd send it when they "got the new ones in." Whatever that means....

Just how hard can this be?? Did the election sneak up on them out of the blue? Time to have some folks at National seek opportunities elsewhere.
LSR
Life

Postby gwd-scouter » Sun May 03, 2009 4:28 am

Realizing that I (and my son) are probably in the minority here, younger son is scheduled for his Eagle BOR first week of June. He will be very disappointed if his certificate does not have President Obama's signature on it.
gwd-scouter
Star

Postby gwd-scouter » Sun May 03, 2009 4:34 am

And, another thing. I think it's very sad that folks are posting how thrilled they are that their son's certificates came with President Bush's signature on it instead of President Obama's. Mr. Obama is now our president, whether you voted for him or not. Maybe for folks that don't like the current President at the time their son earns Eagle, National could change the application form and add a checkbox: please select the President you'd like to have sign your application. Could list the Presidents all the way back for the past 100 years. You want President Reagan's signature, no problem. Clinton? Here you go. Kennedy? Truman? Pick your fav!
gwd-scouter
Star

Previous

Return to Eagle Scout