Half a Project

Information to help with the rank of Eagle Scout.

Moderators: Site Admin, Moderators

Re: Half a Project

Postby smtroop168 » Fri May 21, 2010 3:44 pm

Bill Pitcher wrote:Mom's do that, Matt! I'll bet she typed his report, too! :? :lol: :?

I have no doubt.
"Providing Quality Info One Paragraph At A Time"
smtroop168
Silver Palm

Postby fritz1255 » Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:16 pm

Glad it all worked out - I've been following this thread for some time. I know of another situation where things did not. There was a Scout who presented his project at the same City Council meeting that my son did. His project (the other Scout's) was to build a flower garden for one of the city parks. I remember thinking that it was a great project because it sounded like it could be completed in a couple of weekends by a reasonable crew of volunteers. Apparently the project never got off the ground, because I heard that the work was finally done by city workers. Can't very well be planting annuals in September, after all.

I don't know any details on this beyond what is related above (the Scout was from another Troop), but it seems to me that while the Scout is supposed to lead the project, if he drops the ball like in this case, the job of the adult(s) should be to coach him. Point out that the ball has been dropped and urge him to pick it up and run with it.
fritz1255
Life

Postby smtroop168 » Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:56 pm

You all might find this amusing but the school replaced the bleachers and this "project" no longer exists.
"Providing Quality Info One Paragraph At A Time"
smtroop168
Silver Palm

Postby Mrw » Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:03 am

smtroop168 wrote:You all might find this amusing but the school replaced the bleachers and this "project" no longer exists.

Yeah, I did get a chuckle out of that. My older son's project washed out in the same flood that created the need for my younger son's project. Good for the one, not so much for the other.....
Mother of two Eagles and troop Advancement Chair
Mrw
Gold Palm

Previous

Return to Eagle Scout