how to wear the sash

Answers, ideas, and suggestions on the stuff troops need.

Moderators: Site Admin, Moderators

how to wear the sash

Postby hacimsaalk » Sun Oct 31, 2004 11:07 am

Are you supposed to wear the sash from the right shoulder to the left side or from the left shoulder to right side?

Micah

PA

JASM and Assistant Patrol Leader
Life Scout
High Adventure Patrol Leader

Dept. 24
EMT
Jr. Firefighter
hacimsaalk
Eagle

Postby t305spl » Sun Oct 31, 2004 11:12 am

You wear the sash from the right shoulder to the left side.
Matt A.
Eagle Scout
Asst. Scoutmaster
t305spl
Eagle

Postby Guneukitschik » Fri Nov 05, 2004 9:31 am

Here's one for you to think about?

Can you wear both your Merit Badge Sash and your OA Sash at the same time?
Guneukitschik

Postby wagionvigil » Fri Nov 05, 2004 9:49 am

NO! Plus the OA sash is only worn at OA activities or when a lodge member is doing service at a non lodge function representing the lodge. OA elections etc. Never at BOR or courts of Honors.
NER Area 4 COPE/Climbing Chairman
NE Area 4 Venturing Chairman
"If You Ain't a Bear, You're a Meal!"
wagionvigil
Counselor

Postby commish3 » Fri Nov 05, 2004 10:07 am

And neither sash is to be worn folded and draped over a belt at any time.
commish3

Postby Guneukitschik » Fri Nov 05, 2004 3:54 pm

You guys are correct. I always have to bite my tongue at scout functions when I see scouts wearing the uniform incorrectly.
Guneukitschik

Postby Lynda J » Fri Nov 05, 2004 8:51 pm

Why bite your tongue? If a scout is wearing their uniform incorrectly why not tell them? There is nothing wrong with explaining to a scout or an adult what is wrong withthe way they are wearng their uniform.
your community is a tree. You are either a leaf that feeds it or mistletoe that suckes it dry. Be sure you are always a leaf.
Lynda J
Gold Palm

Tongue biting hurts...

Postby riverwalk » Thu Dec 23, 2004 11:32 pm

...and so does calling someone down about a thing. Are Units not using their Uniform inspection activities and sheets? I see examples, in pictures and websites all the time, where things aren't right. I even heard recently that someone was bothered that Scouters didn't have their devices on their knots?? Jumpi' devices batman, that means me....I don't always mess with attaching them after every wash. I think of it at special times, like a COH, or Dinner.

So maybe people need to gear up and practice for an upcoming inspection. Be gentle with members, as some won't be able to get them re-done in time because of personal situations. Perhaps this is something else a parent can help out with :wink:
riverwalk
Bronze Palm

Postby t305spl » Fri Dec 24, 2004 1:30 pm

I conduct a Uniform Inspection using the Uniform Inspection Sheet once a month on all the scouts. I like our troop to look good and they know that. So far no problems with messy or missing uniforms yet.
Matt A.
Eagle Scout
Asst. Scoutmaster
t305spl
Eagle

Postby RWSmith » Fri Dec 24, 2004 4:24 pm

The UC is supposed to conduct an official Uniform Inspection once a year... 'course, from what I've seen, that's rare. OTOH, even though they were notified, in advance, every Troop had one, first thing, at the check-in of our last Camporee. (If I hadn't been dealing with a bad case of Bronchcitis, I'd a been there myself.)
RWSmith
Site Admin

Postby commish3 » Sun Dec 26, 2004 12:21 am

The UC is supposed to conduct an official Uniform Inspection once a year

I am pretty sure that is not correct. I find nothing in any of the Unit Commissioner manuals or training materials that say that. Units are responsible for uniform inspections and are they urged to do them multiple times during the year.

A uniform inspection is requested of the unit as part of the recharter application, and it is suggested to the unit that they can get someone from outside the unit to do it (such as a Unit Commissioner). But it is not something that a commissioner is "supposed to do", it is simply something they can do.
commish3

Inspections

Postby riverwalk » Sun Dec 26, 2004 1:02 am

:?: Hmmm, I have always thought the Units concerned themselves (or didn't) with this activity. Some materials, at least in some Cub literature has suggested theat a commish may administer this (I think as part of the recharter process??).

Since being asked to consider being a Commissioner I've been reading about it, but I don't think I've seen this either....yet. :)
riverwalk
Bronze Palm

Return to Uniforming and Scouting Supplies