New Uniform Problems

Answers, ideas, and suggestions on the stuff troops need.

Moderators: Site Admin, Moderators

Re: New Uniform Problems - Bad belt buckles

Postby philpisch » Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:50 pm

#1 I've had two belt buckles break so far. The pivot arms that grab the belt stress and the break over time.

#2 Also, a non-stress point seem in the front center of my pants has unraveled. Can't use the pants any more. I need to return them.

I think the new uniform looks sharp and glad to see all that red go away. But, I did expect better quality since that was the main promotion point.
philpisch
Second Class

Re: New Uniform Problems

Postby philpisch » Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:28 am

One more issue. The belt is difficult to remove from the pants because the metal ending of the belt is taller than the belt loop space. (Who tested these????)

I realized this after finding several shirts and other things torn. My wife was leaving the belt in the pants because it is so difficult to remove. The belt was ripping the shirts in the washer or dryer.
philpisch
Second Class

Postby DadScout » Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:54 pm

www.scoutstuff.org has a survey up for a new shirt. Here's the blurb off the web site,
the survey is on the right side

"The Boy Scouts of America is considering introducing a Boy Scout shirt made by Under Armour.
Boy Scouts could wear the shirt while doing activities such as service projects, hiking, camping, and other troop activities.
This shirt is made of fabric similar to other Under Armour athletic wear."
Bill
DadScout
Life

Postby wagionvigil » Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:01 pm

I like that idea maybe they will have it for the Jamboree
NER Area 4 COPE/Climbing Chairman
NE Area 4 Venturing Chairman
"If You Ain't a Bear, You're a Meal!"
wagionvigil
Counselor

Postby jr56 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:22 pm

should work well with the heat and humidity
jr56
Bronze Palm

Postby biglou » Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:56 am

I don't know what it is about me and the new uniforms. We just don't seem to agree. Here is the scoop. I was at an Eagle Scout Court of Honor this evening and I had what you might call a minor "wardrobe malfunction". I was wearing my Philmont Arrowhead patch along with the OA 75th Anniversary award that I earned as a kid. Well in the middle of the COH, the patch and OA ribbon fell off and I could not do anything about it. I am not embarrassed about it. I am just really having bad luck with the new uniforms. Maybe someone should the supply group to get the uniforms from a supplier who manufactures them from somewhere in the western hemisphere.
Big Lou

Insert witty tag line here! LOL
biglou
Eagle

Postby wagionvigil » Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:49 am

Explain more please. Did a pocket fall off also or did you just do a louesy sewing job LOL
NER Area 4 COPE/Climbing Chairman
NE Area 4 Venturing Chairman
"If You Ain't a Bear, You're a Meal!"
wagionvigil
Counselor

Postby deweylure » Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:19 am

Duct tape forget the sewing

Dewey
deweylure
Eagle

Postby Quailman » Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:10 pm

...or was it because the button that holds temporary patches has no buttonhole to keep the loop from slipping off?
Quailman
Bronze Palm

Postby LSR » Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:38 pm

jr56 wrote:Glad to see that National supply is standing by the product (inferior that it is)..as somebody said in an earlier post, if they have to replace enough shirts, maybe something will be done about the quality.

http://www.forbes.com/2007/07/26/china- ... china.html

"...One of the problems facing China is that manufacturers continue to engage in a practice I call "quality fade." This is the deliberate and secret habit of widening profit margins through a reduction in the quality of materials. Importers usually never notice what's happening; downward changes are subtle but progressive. The initial production sample is fine, but with each successive production run, a bit more of the necessary inputs are missing.

What is maddening to importers is that quality fade often occurs in the last place an importer thinks to check. One American company had been importing a line of health and beauty care products for over a year when the cardboard boxes that held its product suddenly started collapsing under their own weight. There was no logical explanation for the collapse except quality fade, and the supplier in this case blamed subsuppliers for replacing an acceptable cardboard box with ones that were inferior...."
LSR
Life

Postby biglou » Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:10 pm

Quailman wrote:...or was it because the button that holds temporary patches has no buttonhole to keep the loop from slipping off?

I don't know how it happened. I was reading my part in the ceremony and bamm.....my Philmont patch and OA ribbon fell off. The pocket is still there along with the flap. That was the first time I wore both of those items in years. It just seems funny to me that they both fell off on the replacement shirt after the first wear. I am thankful it is an easy fix!
Big Lou

Insert witty tag line here! LOL
biglou
Eagle

Previous

Return to Uniforming and Scouting Supplies