BOGO Uniforms

Answers, ideas, and suggestions on the stuff troops need.

Moderators: Site Admin, Moderators

BOGO Uniforms

Postby biglou » Tue May 05, 2009 7:50 pm

I just saw this on the scoutstuff.com website. The BSA has a Buy One Get One sale on the "classic" uniforms. Here is the link:

http://www.scoutstuff.org/BSASupply/def ... =&C3=&LV=1

That makes me wonder about the Centennial Uniforms. If the BSA is calling the older uniforms "classic" uniforms; Is the BSA going to bring the "classic" uniforms back just like Coke did with Coca Cola Classic? :lol: Makes you wonder doesn't it.

By the way, it does look like a good deal.
Big Lou

Insert witty tag line here! LOL
biglou
Eagle

Re: BOGO Uniforms

Postby AquilaNegra2 » Wed May 06, 2009 2:21 am

Thanks. Picked up pants for the boys. They like the ones being "phased out" a lot better than the new ones.
AquilaNegra2
Eagle

Postby gwd-scouter » Wed May 06, 2009 4:21 am

Great sale! Our Troop put together an order to save on shipping and to match up two items. A lot of switchbacks, extra shorts and socks, even a bunch of merit badge sashes. They all knew these were not the Centennial Uniforms, but getting the items for half price was a bargain. Parents really liked the idea of extra socks and shorts for summer camp.

The only disappointment when I placed the order was that there weren't any youth sizes for socks. Couldn't get my adult smalls either. Oh well.

For me, I like the switchbacks well enough and really like the new canvas variety. But I don't like wearing them as shorts. Neither do husband and sons. I was happy to see the old style shorts on sale and bought them for the whole family.
gwd-scouter
Star

Postby mt_goodrich » Wed May 06, 2009 4:45 pm

Are the Scout shops running the same sale? I'm staffing Wood Badge this summer and would love to get an extra uniform. It is a week long course.
Mike
* Crew Advisor, Crew 2598 Longhorn Council
* Eagle Scout - 1982
mt_goodrich
Bronze Palm

Postby gwd-scouter » Wed May 06, 2009 4:48 pm

Our scout shop is running the same sale because it is a National scout shop. I don't think all Councils are and may not be doing the same sale. Nothing wrong in checking.
gwd-scouter
Star

Postby Cowboy » Thu May 07, 2009 7:01 am

Word is that this is only for the "Old" stuff. Some scout shops/retail stores will be doing it too, but it is basically only to get rid of the "outdated" uniforms that are in stock. With a rapidly growing boy it was great timing. NYLT in a month and then CIT after that. They both require full uniform and he had outgrown everything he had except the new shirt.
Cowboy
Eagle

Return to Uniforming and Scouting Supplies