Scout Pants

Answers, ideas, and suggestions on the stuff troops need.

Moderators: Site Admin, Moderators

Would you Like Convertible Pants ?

Yes
64%
No
36%

Total votes : 50

Postby RWSmith » Fri Oct 15, 2004 10:34 pm

Okay, y'all... I didn't mean to kill this thread. I has a serious humor attack come over me; I just couldn't help it.

I figured somebody would be ROTFLOL besides me, myself and I.

Oh, well.
RWSmith
Site Admin

Postby Lynda J » Sat Oct 16, 2004 9:29 am

Hey guys. What do you thing drycleaners and alteration shops are for.
Most will only charge about $5.00 to hem a pair of pants. For you guys the extra material can be cut off and used to patch the pants when you get a tear. For the boys leave the extra on to let them down, when they take a growing spurt like Kevin just did. Had to let his pants down almost 3" from when school got out. Can't keep the kid in pants.
your community is a tree. You are either a leaf that feeds it or mistletoe that suckes it dry. Be sure you are always a leaf.
Lynda J
Gold Palm

Postby Lynda J » Sat Oct 16, 2004 9:31 am

I forgot one thing. You can find a mom in your Troop that does sew and see if she would be willing to hem pants.
By the way. Our boys are required to sew their patchs on their uniforms. No they don't always look that great. But guess what about the third time it looks much better.
your community is a tree. You are either a leaf that feeds it or mistletoe that suckes it dry. Be sure you are always a leaf.
Lynda J
Gold Palm

Sewing

Postby cballman » Sun Oct 17, 2004 3:40 pm

Ok people lets see if we can get a sewing merit badge put in instead of something useful like Hunting :D :D Ok I pay one of our Female adult leaders 50 cents a patch to keep me looking my best. :oops: :oops: but really I think that we need more people to understand what our limitations are and just bit the bullit( pun intended) and let people do what they know and how to do. see here It is I found out at my woodbadge training that I have issues volumes and volumes of issues. see now why people want to be like me :lol: :lol: :lol:
cballman

Postby wagionvigil » Sun Oct 17, 2004 3:53 pm

sounds like a ticket item
Sewing the troop patches on
NER Area 4 COPE/Climbing Chairman
NE Area 4 Venturing Chairman
"If You Ain't a Bear, You're a Meal!"
wagionvigil
Counselor

Postby Lynda J » Sun Oct 17, 2004 4:21 pm

Ok Ok on the sewing. But to I still get to play with fire and knives.
Just built a cajun microwave in the back yard and cooked a chicken.
Sure it good.
Lynda J
Gold Palm

Postby diamondbackAPL » Tue Apr 12, 2005 7:40 pm

I voted yes. I know they don't look as dressy, but I am a very casual person. I hate wearing a neckerchief, and I hate having to tuck in my scout shirt.
<Sig removed by Admin... Youth members may not use their names here.>
diamondbackAPL
Eagle

Postby wagionvigil » Tue Apr 12, 2005 7:41 pm

Shirt should be in regardless of pants also a BELT must be worn.
Oh and you will find few people more casual than I am. There is a difference in being casual and being sloppy.
wagionvigil
Counselor

Postby diamondbackAPL » Tue Apr 12, 2005 7:47 pm

yes I know the shirt should be in, I just don't like it (I do it, though). and I probably am more sloppy than casual. :oops:
<Sig removed by Admin... Youth members may not use their names here.>
diamondbackAPL
Eagle

Postby Mick Scouter » Sat Apr 23, 2005 9:23 pm

I voted yes. only because it provides more alternatives. I also checked the vote 50/50.
Mick Scouter
Eagle

Aww...

Postby Elangomat » Thu Aug 04, 2005 1:39 pm

wagionvigil wrote:Shirt should be in regardless of pants also a BELT must be worn.
Oh and you will find few people more casual than I am. There is a difference in being casual and being sloppy.

I didn't know that belt thing... that bites... I should go look for mine. I always lose them, or can never get the right length so the metal pieces touch, I hate that part. BUT I do hate scouts that for some reason cannot button/tuck-in their shirts. And I'm a guy that wears his Class A with a shirt underneath (even in our 100 degree, 60% humidity weather). But more on subject, I love zip-off pants. They are offically my only pants I own (minus my BS pants). In our weather I'm asked why I'm wearin' pants all the time! :) Oh well, enough about me!
Yours in Scouting,
-Elangomat

"He who serves his fellows is of all his fellows greatest." -E. Urner Goodman

I'm an Eagle Scout now! :)
Elangomat
Second Class

Postby Lynda J » Fri Aug 05, 2005 2:47 pm

When the zipper breaks you have shorts, When the boy loses one lower part of the leg you have shorts. I had ONE pair of these pants. When I kneel down the zipper is in the middle of my knee and I can't stand it. Bits into my knee cap and hurts like heck.
What I would love to see is them going back to pants and shorts what have the large cargo pocket on the side. Those little dinky pockets on the pants not are about as worthless as they come. Aren't big enough to do anything with and if you do put something in them you can't sit down because what ever it is in right in the bend of your hip. I found a pair of pants recently at a resale shop that had the big side cargo pocket. Only problem was that they were about a size 8 and Kevin is not in 14s.

The current pants and shorts look nice but they sure aren't camping or hiking friendly.
Lynda J
Gold Palm

Postby Elangomat » Wed Nov 02, 2005 9:48 pm

Lynda J, sounds like you were wearing some of the pants that I used to wear, but then I found pants by U.S. Expedition, nice, last a long time, and the zipper doesn't hit right at the knee... could be that I wear my pants a size "too big". The thing about 'em is that they have a drawstring built in so I don't need a belt
Yours in Scouting,
-Elangomat

Elangomat
Second Class

Postby wagionvigil » Wed Nov 02, 2005 10:26 pm

The belt is part of the uniform!
wagionvigil
Counselor

Postby Scouting179 » Thu Nov 03, 2005 8:44 am

BSA considers a full uniform to be: Scout socks, pants, belt, and shirt.
Eagle Scout, 22 Jan 1974
ISCA 5537L, Wood Badge SR 571
Chowanoc District Advancement Chairman
Tidewater Council, VA
http://members.cox.net/scouting179
Scouting179
Bronze Palm

Pants

Postby Elangomat » Sat Nov 12, 2005 12:18 am

wagionvigil wrote:The belt is part of the uniform!
I know! :) I was saying in general. I didn't mean that it's part of the uniform. Heck, the particular pair of pants I was talking about aren't BS pants. Not part of the uniform. So I wouldn't suggest them for anything important, just regular scout meetings, camp, etc. Sorry if I offended anyone...
Yours in Scouting,
-Elangomat

Elangomat
Second Class

Postby wagionvigil » Sat Nov 12, 2005 8:47 am

Just to let you know why I said that is that today most boys REFUSE to wear belts with their pants at school. I nail a kid for droopy pants and the parnets tell me well he hads belts he just refuses to wear them or he had a bely=t on when he left today.
wagionvigil
Counselor

Postby cballman » Sat Nov 12, 2005 8:58 am

Lets add another small problem to this thread My sons pants droop badly even when he is wearing a belt. the problem is he has now waist no butt nothing but skin and bones. Unlike his father whom is full figured. so no matter what we do his pants is always falling down even with a belt on. duct tape would not even help this poor wormy child. :lol: :lol: :lol:
cballman

Postby wagionvigil » Sat Nov 12, 2005 4:33 pm

Staple Gun? :twisted:
wagionvigil
Counselor

Postby ICanCanoeCanU » Thu Dec 01, 2005 11:35 pm

LOL

I think the pants should be made and sold by official BSA but wouldn't want to see them be mandated as part of the uniform. Just let those that prefer these to wear them if they want and only if it's approved within the troop, which our troop btw would allow. To each his own?
ICanCanoeCanU
Eagle

PreviousNext

Return to Uniforming and Scouting Supplies