BSA Uniforms

Answers, ideas, and suggestions on the stuff troops need.

Moderators: Site Admin, Moderators

Postby wagionvigil » Thu Sep 09, 2004 7:15 pm

If you attend the Jamboree You will see Eagle Projects done for The Jamboree. Not directly for the BSA but for other organizations that are supporting the Jamboree. VA DCNR,National Park Service etc.
NER Area 4 COPE/Climbing Chairman
NE Area 4 Venturing Chairman
"If You Ain't a Bear, You're a Meal!"
wagionvigil
Counselor

Postby BM_Crawford » Thu Sep 09, 2004 10:25 pm

That uniform bank sounds like an excellent Idea. I'm all for full uniform all the time if that is put into action.
Brian Crawford
ASM of Troop 251
District MBC
BM_Crawford
Eagle

Uniform source?

Postby riverwalk » Thu Mar 17, 2005 4:35 am

I often watch ebay for patches and Uniform items, for my collections. I have picked up good spare shirts (for me) too. Once they get too many bids however, ya might as well get a new shirt, haha. But, I'm into patches, like the different CSP's so I'm having fun. Older shirts I can no longer wear, can go to a clothes closet for area Scouts/Scouters.....or be recycled to the "e-place" haha.

But one can help others in this way too. One Seller at least, is taking proceeds from patch sales and using this to help a Council's Career Exploring program. :)
riverwalk
Bronze Palm

Postby Lynda J » Thu Mar 17, 2005 11:07 am

Watch the resale shops. Last week I got Kevin pants, shorts and a shirt. All are in extra good condition and my total cost was $12.00 Keep watching for me. But haven't found pants yet. Guess I am going to have to break down and buy a pair. I have 2 pair of shorts from the resale.
your community is a tree. You are either a leaf that feeds it or mistletoe that suckes it dry. Be sure you are always a leaf.
Lynda J
Gold Palm

Postby West » Thu Mar 17, 2005 11:43 am

I've got a pack of little old ladies from the church that watch Garage sales, and re-sale shops for us. All I have to do is listen to stories about when their sons were in scouts (you know 50+ years ago) and we have a constantly growing uniform bank. Some of the stories are actually quite fun to listen to (though they do get old after a few tellings).
West
Life

Previous

Return to Uniforming and Scouting Supplies