Training validation - web site fix

What you need, where to find it, and what you may already have.

Moderators: Site Admin, Moderators

Training validation - web site fix

Postby Fred Johnson » Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:28 pm

Okay. I've got a request. I'm sure it's been made over and over again. I thought I'd ask here as smtroop168 has been so successful in getting the new eagle stuff fixed. Perhaps someone here has a good connection to Invain, Texas.

REQUEST - Can BSA change the "Training validation"? Listing ten classes at a time is slow and frustrating to use. Just list all the classes the person took. So what if it's even 200 or 300 long. Paging thru ten at a time is frustrating. Also, the sort links don't work well when you have multiple pages. It would be much better to simplify the web page and just list all training classes for that person.
Fred Johnson
Life

Re: Training validation - web site fix

Postby Quailman » Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:05 pm

While they're at it, they might take a look at eliminating duplication. For example, mine has Trek Safely, Climb on Safely and Troop Committee Challenge. Each of these is followed immediately by WEB Trek Safely, etc. I have fifteen classes, but it runs to three pages with the duplications, including my three most recent YPTs.
Quailman
Bronze Palm

Postby Bill Pitcher » Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:35 am

AND UP DATE THE INFO. Drop all of the old, outdated ones. Why keep them? Just list the current ones!
Eagle '63, ASM, Council Advancement Comm.(Eagle advisor),OA VIGIL member,NESA, council training staff,
Bill Pitcher
Eagle

Postby smtroop168 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:05 am

Fred Johnson wrote:Okay. I've got a request. I'm sure it's been made over and over again. I thought I'd ask here as smtroop168 has been so successful in getting the new eagle stuff fixed. Perhaps someone here has a good connection to Invain, Texas.

REQUEST - Can BSA change the "Training validation"? Listing ten classes at a time is slow and frustrating to use. Just list all the classes the person took. So what if it's even 200 or 300 long. Paging thru ten at a time is frustrating. Also, the sort links don't work well when you have multiple pages. It would be much better to simplify the web page and just list all training classes for that person.

Appreciate the confidence but I'm not sure I'm that successful...Hopefully when scoutnet is retired some of these fixes will happen. I think the BSA would call this one an annoyance.
"Providing Quality Info One Paragraph At A Time"
smtroop168
Silver Palm

Return to Resources