New G2SS released

What you need, where to find it, and what you may already have.

Moderators: Site Admin, Moderators

New G2SS released

Postby smtroop168 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:41 am

"Providing Quality Info One Paragraph At A Time"
smtroop168
Silver Palm

Re: New G2SS released

Postby Nuts4Scouts » Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:21 pm

They have done away with the "anything in bold type is BSA rules/policies" notice, along with the bold typeface.

No more rules, or policies, just a set of guidelines.

But, on another note, it is now considered age-appropriate for Tigers to go horseback riding!
Nuts4Scouts
Eagle

Postby FrankJ » Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:45 pm

The age appropriate chart is an interesting read.

Hand Axes are specifically OK for Boys Scouts. I guess it was always urban legend that they were banned. Still you need to respect your summer camp & unit rules on the issue.

Commercial climbing walls are OK for tigers.

Lead climbing is OK for Venturing & older boy scouts. I am guessing that the lead climber is not top roped?

Tigers & Wolfs cannot cook outdoors.

Tigers cannot use a compass.
Frank J.
Venturing Crew Adviser, Assistant Scout Master, Renegade Merit Badge Counselor
Owl-2 WB 92-49
Foothills District Atlanta Area Council
I never teach my pupils. I only attempt to provide the conditions in which they can learn.--Albert Einstein
FrankJ
Gold Palm

Postby smtroop168 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:37 pm

Here are a couple of others under YP:

Two-deep leadership. Two registered adult leaders, or Two registered adult leaders, or one registered leader and a parent of a participating Scout or other adult, one of whom must be 21 years of age or older, are required for all trips and outings. There are a few instances, such as patrol activities, when the presence of adult leaders is not required and adult leadership may be limited to training and guidance of the patrol leadership. With the proper training, guidance, and approval by the troop leaders, the patrol can conduct day hikes and service projects. Appropriate adult leadership must be present for all overnight Scouting activities; coed overnight activities—even those including parent and child—require male and female adult leaders, both of whom must be 21 years of age or older, and one of whom must be a registered member of the BSA. The chartered organization is responsible for ensuring that sufficient leadership is provided for all activities. NO MORE PATROL CAMPOUTS ON THEIR OWN

Bullying prohibited. Verbal, physical, and cyber bullying are prohibited in Scouting. ADDED.

Next big publication in the works is the total rewrite of the ACPP.
"Providing Quality Info One Paragraph At A Time"
smtroop168
Silver Palm

Postby Bill Pitcher » Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:59 pm

smtroop168 wrote:Next big publication in the works is the total rewrite of the ACPP.

And GOOD LUCK with that, Matt!! :)
Eagle '63, ASM, Council Advancement Comm.(Eagle advisor),OA VIGIL member,NESA, council training staff,
Bill Pitcher
Eagle

Return to Resources