Easy Fundraiser

What you need, where to find it, and what you may already have.

Moderators: Site Admin, Moderators

Easy Fundraiser

Postby biglou » Wed May 20, 2009 4:18 pm

I just wanted to share this fundraiser with my friends here. This weekend, my Troop participated in a "Truckload Sale" with the local Schwann's Depot. The kids had a presale and sold $1751 plus change in products. This past Saturday, they boys met the goal of $2500 in sales. They actually sold $2700 + or - some. They did well and I got the depot manager to agree to become a merit badge counselor! This was a real easy fundraiser for my boys. Schwann's collected all the money and will be mailing a check to my Troop sometime next week. If you would like more information on that, contact your local Schwann's depot and talk to them. They are more than willing to help out! Plus they have the best ice cream out there (I should know, I ate quite a bit of their novelties since I worked for them for a short period of time).
Big Lou

Insert witty tag line here! LOL
biglou
Eagle

Re: Easy Fundraiser

Postby alex gregory » Thu May 21, 2009 10:51 am

alex gregory
Eagle

Postby FrankJ » Thu May 21, 2009 10:53 am

(I should know, I ate quite a bit of their novelties since I worked for them for a short period of time).

Is that why they call you Big Lou :lol:
Frank J.
Venturing Crew Adviser, Assistant Scout Master, Renegade Merit Badge Counselor
Owl-2 WB 92-49
Foothills District Atlanta Area Council
I never teach my pupils. I only attempt to provide the conditions in which they can learn.--Albert Einstein
FrankJ
Gold Palm

Postby cballman » Thu May 21, 2009 10:56 am

Good one Frank :lol: But since I resemble that comment also I will take it as a compliment
Charlie tha BEAR with issues
"if you aint a BEAR your snackfood"
cballman
Site Admin

Postby biglou » Thu May 21, 2009 11:12 am

Unfortunately for me, I have always been a big guy. At my biggest, I was at 350 lbs and could not walk futher than about 100 yds without losing my breath. As a member of the Edinboro Fire Department, PA, I was called TINY. They thought I looked like the driver from the Movie Backdraft. For those of you who watch Rescue Me, he later played Chief Reilly on that show. I had a kidney stone in 1998 and with all of the paramedic powers granted me by the Commonwealth of PA and the Center for Emergency Medicine of Western PA, I decided to do something about that. So I got off my dupa and started working out. I got to the point I could run 5 miles and weightlifting big time. I could not run 5 miles now, but I still go hiking with the my Troop. I am going to have a battle with my weight for the rest of my life. I am keeping active and doing a lot of walking. I am getting the workout stuff back in my plans and am planning to run the 5K at the Jamboree!

FYI, I did eat alot of ice cream and yes it was good. But I did not gain any weight from that job. Believe it or not, I actually lost weight and the 007s (Sundae Nut Cones) are the best! :lol: Oh yeah, so are the strawberry scooter crunches, the chocolate chip cookie sandwiches, the orange pushups, bomb pops, etc. :lol:
Big Lou

biglou
Eagle

Postby biglou » Thu May 21, 2009 11:19 am

Oh yeah and I don't take any offense to that. I ams who I ams and love me for me! And so do my friends! :lol:
Big Lou

biglou
Eagle

Return to Resources