Southern Region

What you need, where to find it, and what you may already have.

Moderators: Site Admin, Moderators

Southern Region

Postby riverwalk » Tue Aug 30, 2005 6:24 pm

If y'all know any Officials in that group, or best ways to contact them, please reply. :idea: :idea:
riverwalk
Bronze Palm

Postby TCC7 » Tue Aug 30, 2005 9:27 pm

Yes, I know some because that's our region. Why do you need to contact need?
SR389 Kodiak
"Esse Quam Videri"
TCC7
First Class

Regional service

Postby riverwalk » Wed Aug 31, 2005 10:45 am

Thanks. The reason is that I've been trying to mobilize local Scouts and Fire Service (I'm in both here in DFW). We currently don't have an SE here in Circle Ten Council...I tried to start there, then thought of the affected Region. I may run over to National and light a fire under someone???

I want to first serve needy people, and also to let it be seen that Scouting is the helpful bunch that we know it is. The local area has evacuees now, and more coming to this State too. We all know to donate to official agencies, so they can purchase what is needed. There are other opportunities however. Locally, we can service the folks with no stuff, money, job, or friends. Maybe we can help serve meals, run errands, load/deliver stuff, OR provide Scouting theme distractions for families or their youth. In affected areas, the Region oversight may know hpw to determine local Scouting NEEDS, as they help in their own communities.

I just wanted my Council to coordinate with other Councils here...but we can do more with our community based Units, so let's remember what Fred said in the Movie: "Follow me Boys" (and girls of course).

Let the Scout Law be our guide.
riverwalk
Bronze Palm

Postby TCC7 » Wed Aug 31, 2005 11:35 am

riverwalk
I just posted to the Katrina post a way for troops to help flood and hurricane victims. I've organized this in my council and maybe you can too. Good Luck.
SR389 Kodiak
"Esse Quam Videri"
TCC7
First Class

Return to Resources