Staff still Needed for the Summit 2013

Information on upcoming programs, actual experiences, and program ideas.

Moderators: Site Admin, Moderators

Staff still Needed for the Summit 2013

Postby wagionvigil » Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:44 am

There are still many many positions open for the jamboree. Anyone 16 up that wants to help this is great way to attend the jamboree. Please do not post reason why someone should not be on staff. Only reasons why someone should be on staff. there are many negative people when it comes to the summit and this jamboree.
We had a fantastic Shakedown and the Kids had a great time and they are all that counts.
I saw many good leaders at the Summit but i also saw a coupe of leaders that needed a good beat down.
Yes we were 3 hours late getting started due to rain but we adjusted the schedule you just decided not to allow your kids to come over on Friday. Staff ate dinner at 10Pm and were still given grief by some leaders. really!!!

hey we were only 15 minutes late for a scheduled activity. yep and we put someone else in your place. You snooze you loose

Scouts leave your packed lunch here in camp so you loose 1.5 hours of activity time during an 8 hour day. really some leaders did this.half hour to walk to camp half hour to eat then half hour walk back to Action Point
.Why do you only have two of the four canopy tours open? We only have Trained Staff for two! Well get more staff. ya Think?

You should keep the Action point open on Sunday for the groups that do not want to do the hike. Ah, No we are leaving Sunday Morning! Well that's not fair. Well if you don't want to do the hike. Go Home!( that is what I told the guy)
I think you will see groups try to get out of the hike and the Day of sharing.This is sad that leaders will be allowed to do this . Just found out some new information. It is part of the Program for everyone. And in my opinion should be a now brainer to do it. The garden ground hike will include Buckskin games. Highland games and the Indian Village.

Oh when the roads washed out and became unsafe. The Construction crew from Trinity cut and built 5 new roads in 3 hours. I kid you not. Tom Wagner is a beast!
Last edited by wagionvigil on Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Found out that some things that were to be mandatory will no longer be!
NER Area 4 COPE/Climbing Chairman
NE Area 4 Venturing Chairman
"If You Ain't a Bear, You're a Meal!"
wagionvigil
Counselor

Re: Staff still Needed for the Summit 2013

Postby biglou » Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:15 pm

I wish I could go but will not have the vacation time to do so. I have attended three NSJ's so far and would encourage anyone that has a remote interest in serving on staff to do so. Plus now, it is not as big as a time commitment as in year's past. You have the option of going for half of the NSJ. I wish I could but am not able to do so.
Big Lou

Insert witty tag line here! LOL
biglou
Eagle

Postby OldGreyBear » Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:38 am

I will be on Staff for the Buckskin games, very excited !
OldGreyBear
Ephesians 6:4
Fathers, do not irritate and provoke your children to anger [do not exasperate them to resentment], but rear them [tenderly] in the training and discipline and the counsel and admonition of the Lord.
OldGreyBear
Eagle

Postby wagionvigil » Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:33 am

Still need lots of staff. 16-25 year olds pay half price.
We have a meeting the last week of October where we will figure out what we are going to reduce or cut in Program. I am fully aware of those that really hope the jamboree fails at the Summit. They are walking around saying they are great scouters but in reality they do not belong in this great organization.
I heard from a young man that is very upset that there is no merit badge Midway so he can pick up 10 ir 15 MErit Badges. I explained that Jamborees were never intended to be a Merit badge farm but a social interaction and fun time. If you got a Merit Badge along the way that was good. A scout that signs up for The belay program and the Climbing rappelling Program will pretty much complete Climbing merit Badge. That is two 4 hour sessions Pre Scheduled. No More 15 Minute merit Badges Like at the Hill.
Last edited by wagionvigil on Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added content
wagionvigil
Counselor

Postby ronin718 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:23 pm

wagionvigil wrote:...No More 15 Minute merit Badges Like at the Hill.

Dang, Jerry, you should've told me where those 15-minute MBs were in 2010. My boy could've gotten a lot more done. He only got three and a partial done, and that took him four days. :D

I hate to say this, but it's not the MB Midway they need to get rid of, it's the blasted patch trading. I had to kick my boy in the rump roast on Thursday evening 'cuz he'd gotten nothing done in his program book but had done an awful lot of patch trading. I told him he could trade all he wanted after 5:00 pm when the program areas were closed. Get those boys off their blankets and into the areas during the day. I'm sure patches are not why mom and dad paid $1500+ to send Johnny to Jambo.
1st ASM, 2010 NCAC Jambo Troop 521
WB NE-IV-216 Eagle, Beaded 17 June 2010
Unit Commissioner, Goose Creek District
ronin718
Eagle

Postby wagionvigil » Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:46 pm

Many of the things that are exciting will require pre scheduling so if a kid wants to do something they will have to be there when they are scheduled. ALso there will be Areas that you will be permitted to patch trade. Any other place will be off limits. Program areas are off limits. The arena is the main place that will be set up for trading. This is also going to eliminate the "professional traders to some extent".
wagionvigil
Counselor

Return to Camporees, Jamborees, High Adventure, and Other Official Activities