Are you packed and ready?

Information on upcoming programs, actual experiences, and program ideas.

Moderators: Site Admin, Moderators

Are you packed and ready?

Postby lambeausam » Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:15 am

Oldest son dropped off his duffel bag last night and will travel on Saturday. The contingency patches, t-shirts, bolos, hats, etc. turned out really nice. Son was really excited to see his nameplate with the Jambo logo! While I will miss the guy, I am beyond thrilled that he is getting to go!

sam
lambeausam
Life

Re: Are you packed and ready?

Postby Fred Johnson » Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:11 pm

Dropped my 16 year old son off this morning at 7am for his flight to the jamboree. They get to tour D.C. for several days before heading to camp.

It was funny. We did a Grizwald. Alarm clock did not go off. Mad panic to get out the door in time for the plane. Luckily we were 100% packed and ready to go last night. Amazing how heavy that duffel bag was.
Fred Johnson
Life

Postby lambeausam » Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:54 pm

Fred - the range in duffel "fullness" was amazing. My son's bag is about half full. There were bags that were teeming and made me wonder how the zipper was fastened! My youngest son (10y), who wants to go very badly, commented that there was room in the bag for him!

We will be at the airport Sat morning at 0400 for the early morning flight. Evidently, the people that schedule departure times don't have to try to wake teenage boys up in the morning!
lambeausam
Life

Postby Fred Johnson » Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:34 pm

My next three sons want to go too. I'd like to start going as staff too. Maybe I could help direct traffic or help with meals. I'd be fine with that. The biggest stopping points are #1 money and #2 wife. I've got four sons in scouts now (starting Tiger, entering Webelos, 1st class, Life). Even with fundraisers, I'm going broke (four summer camps, jamboree, monthly camp outs, outings, dues, ... not to mention I have to pay my way too as a leader in each unit).

Not to mention not seeing my wife very often.

Jamboree is going to be a great event. We are going to watch it simulcast at the local IMAX. My son and his troop is equipment to the teeth. I am so impressed so far.
Fred Johnson
Life

Return to Camporees, Jamborees, High Adventure, and Other Official Activities