2010 NR Area 4 Camporee

Information on upcoming programs, actual experiences, and program ideas.

Moderators: Site Admin, Moderators

Re: 2010 NR Area 4 Camporee

Postby lifescoutforlife » Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:07 am

ThunderingWind wrote:Pleae provide a status update on the Council in NER Area 4 that has basically said "we will not be participating, nor telling our units about this event."

Will this Council even approve a Tour Permit for those units that do find out about it via back channels?

Which Council is it so we can reach out to our fellow Scouters and help them?

I was just at NE 4A Conclave and All lodges present got to hear the camporee being talked about and I feel that you will see boys from all the lodges/councils in NE 4A at the camporee
If you don't take care of the Cub Scouts there will be no Boy Scouts!
Owl Patrol NE-IV-214
lifescoutforlife
Eagle

Postby wagionvigil » Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:02 am

Here is a Link to the Web Site

http://www.campaganza.org/
NER Area 4 COPE/Climbing Chairman
NE Area 4 Venturing Chairman
"If You Ain't a Bear, You're a Meal!"
wagionvigil
Counselor

Postby wagionvigil » Mon Jul 13, 2009 7:50 am

I went to a meeting at Moraine State Park on Saturday for the campaganza. If all goes as planned it will be fantastic. I will touch on some items that were discussed.
1.Troops,Crews,Packs will buy slots just like jamboree or conclave. Preregistration and payment is a requirement not an option
2. Councils will be directed to a parking area where they will be bussed to their camping area. No kitchens etc will be allowed. Minimal equipment. No Trailers! In Camp site or cars.
3. Activities from 9-5 Boating, climbing,shooting sports etc. Venture Crews will be CLimbing on Natural Rock a McConnells Mills state park as well as Pistol shooting off site. Possible kayaking on Slippery Rock Creek For Venturers. Maybe a zip line will be installed at Moraine and staffed by COPE people.
4. Large arena show with Zambelli Fire works.
5. One fee for everyone.
6. Interested in staffing? sign up on the campaganza.org web site
wagionvigil
Counselor

Postby RWSmith » Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:09 pm

wagionvigil wrote:I went to a meeting at Moraine State Park on Saturday....

One question: Did it rain? :mrgreen:
RWSmith
Site Admin

Postby wagionvigil » Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:14 pm

ACtually we just finished the meeting and three of us went over to McConells Mills to look at the Climbing Raea and it started to storm. I belive that it was called Mudrain state park during the Jamboree :lol:
wagionvigil
Counselor

Postby RWSmith » Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:49 am

More-rain.

Or, in my camp, it could've been flood-rain.. It was more like a trip to the river... without the banks... just water.

At one point, I recall distinctly, the water in our entire camp was so deep (a foot or more), that we all simply loaded our personal gear onto our air mattresses and waded to higher ground. [I also seem to recall some dude named Noah, along with his kids, up on the hill building some huge kind of boat.] :roll:

P.S. Sorry for being OT... I just couldn't help it... with the wonderful memories flooding back and all. :mrgreen:
RWSmith
Site Admin

Postby wagionvigil » Sun Aug 15, 2010 12:31 pm

Well campaganza is a Month and a half away. Preregistration is around 11000 attending all or part of the weekend. Smashmouth will be the hedliner dfor the Sturday arena show. Older Scouts and Crew members will be climbing and rappelling at McConnells Mills State park. Many action d rappelling staff will be in atendance to insure a great climbing and rappelling experience. That staff will actually be camping at the site to make sure we have the area secured for the scouts. This is a very popular climbing area in western PA.
wagionvigil
Counselor

Previous

Return to Camporees, Jamborees, High Adventure, and Other Official Activities