Suggested Staff Equipment
This list is not appropriate if you are coming with a council contingent.
Staff Will be getting a staff Guide ( It is already online at the Jamboree Site) with a list in there, but this list is from experience.
Pick and Choose and enjoy!!
1.Most Staff will be in 10 man tents (aka GP Medium)
2. Heavy Plastic Sheeting to put under your cot in the tent. Some sort of carpet or rug to stand on. This will be tossed at the end.
3. 2 Pieces of scrap 1 x 6 lumber to put under the legs of the cot.
4. You will be provided an army canvas cot- Bring a back board and mattress. Better yet Wal Mart has an accordion type with mattress for under $30.00. Very Comfortable!
5. Summer Weight Sleeping Bag, Pillow, and Sheets for Hot nights
6. A tarp to cover your gear and bedding during the day and when it rains. IT WILL RAIN!!
7. Water Proof Action Packer/footlocker/Rubbermaid storage bins(roughtote Totelockers 27 gallon or 18.5 gallon size) for personal gear will keep dry and secure
8. Pad locks or combination locks to keep a scout trustworthy.
9. Plastic Shoe boxes for keeping clothing sorted inside the foot locker. (I use Gallon size Zip Lock Bags)
10. Sturdy Walking Shoes or Boots
11. Light Weight shoes for those lazy times. Tevas etc.
12. If you have room high top rubber boots.
13.Day/fanny pack with a water bottle
14. A hydration Bladder (This is a must have)
15.Large Mug on a leash
16. Gold Bond Powder ( Must Have)
17. 2 Field uniforms
18.T shirts, Scout Socks, Shorts wind breaker
19. You cannot have too many scout socks or underwear
20.Mark ALL Clothing especially socks
21.Clothes for Shakedown and set up. Shorts t shirts etc. NON SCOUT if you wish. Work Gloves.
22. Dirty Clothes bag. Open Mesh not a duffel bag. This will allow the clothes to air out.
23.Spray your socks with Pemethrin- do not spray on skin- will keep ticks away and other critters and will last through the Jamboree.
24. A good bug Repellent- Back woods off is excellent. No more than 30% deet.
25.Bring a Eyeshade and ear plugs. Snoring and shift duty can ruin a good sleep.
26.Light weight Poncho or rain jacket. Or/and a fold up umbrella.
27.Sleep Pants or Shorts.
28. Toiletries of your choice. Pack them together.
29. Liquid Soap
30. A good hat for Shakedown and setup. You will be issued a staff hat which is the only hat allowed during the Jamboree.
32. Extra TP. You never know when there will not be any. Carry in your day pack.
33. Light Socket, extension cord, Power Strip. Adaptors for light sockets etc.
34. A Fan that you clip on your bunk.
35. Small lantern, Head light mini mags.
36.Folding Chair, folding table etc.
37.Cushion For arena shows chairs are not allowed.
38. Clothes Line and clothes pins.
39. A 5 Gallon Bucket washer/plumbers helper ( camp washing machine) is a good thing to have as the coin laundry’s are a pain.
40. Woolite if you wash clothes. It washes out better.
41.Bring Coat Hangers and string
42.Duct Tape ( of course)
43. No Hair dryers etc are allowed. Get over it.
44. Bring a radio/cd player with ear phones
45. Camera with extra film or memory cards also batteries. Cheaper to get at home.
46.Notebook,pen,AKA office supplies you may need.
47.Small cooler for drinks or snacks?
48.Wet Ones or some type of wet wipe.
49. Purell hand sanitizer
50. Small Lysol spray
51. A box of gallon size zip lock bags.
52. Extra Trash Bags
53. First Aid Kit. Especially Blister items etc.
54. Friendship Gifts.
55. Trading Patches from you Lodge and Council.
56. Business Cards etc.
57.toilet Seat covers
58. Use Phone cards to call home. It is cheaper. Cell phones may be blocked by the Army.
59. Order your Jamboree items through the Jamboree catalogue to reduce the amount of $$$ you need and it will keep your items “nicer” and reduces theft problems.
60. A roll of Quarters.
61. In case of heavy rain bring a book or something to keep you busy in your GP Medium.
62. A note book to jot down recommendations for 2010. In 2001 they gave the staff note books to use for this. They were turned in to your immediate supervisor for their After Action Report.
63. For some items you may wish to be in contact with the rest of your staff and share the load so to speak.
Last edited by wagionvigil
on Thu Sep 30, 2004 7:11 pm, edited 3 times in total.
NER Area 4 COPE/Climbing Chairman
NE Area 4 Venturing Chairman
"If You Ain't a Bear, You're a Meal!"