Torrent Falls at Red River Gorge in KY

Everything done outdoors! Experiences, ideas, tips, and places to go! Hiking and geocaching; backpacking and camping; cold-weather and snow camping, too!

Moderators: Site Admin, Moderators

Torrent Falls at Red River Gorge in KY

Postby cballman » Sat Jun 25, 2005 8:34 pm

After have spent the day doing a climbing outing at Torrent Falls in the Red River Gorge in KY. I would recommend to anyone who has a group that if you want to do a special outing that here it is. You can check out the website for this area at

www.torrentfalls.com

the kids loved it and wants to go back and the adults even had a good time.
cballman

Postby wagionvigil » Sat Jun 25, 2005 9:47 pm

Hope You had a BSA Climbing Instructor with you.
NER Area 4 COPE/Climbing Chairman
NE Area 4 Venturing Chairman
"If You Ain't a Bear, You're a Meal!"
wagionvigil
Counselor

Postby cballman » Sun Jun 26, 2005 8:14 am

There were people on site that was trained in climbing that our local council have approved. their facitily has been inspected and approved by people that have a much higher certification than any BSA person that I have seen.
cballman

Postby wagionvigil » Sun Jun 26, 2005 1:52 pm

Excellent :D
Just Checking :twisted:
wagionvigil
Counselor

Postby cballman » Sun Jun 26, 2005 8:35 pm

beside that I have tried to get someone in our council to train climbing instructers and have gotten nowhere yet. maybe it is the mature part that knocks me out everytime :lol: :lol: :lol: o well maybe later when I have more time :lol: :lol:
cballman

Climbing out of the box?

Postby riverwalk » Mon Jun 27, 2005 11:30 am

Maybe that's the way to think?? Perhaps Council could develop a partnership with local "Rescue community" folks, that either have these skills, or need to reinforce same? Perhaps...Rescuers could benefit from having alternate places to train (Scout facility), and either train Scouters, or be recruited as Scouters, or......who knows? Just trying to "climb" out of the box to find a solution. :wink:
riverwalk
Bronze Palm

Postby wagionvigil » Mon Jun 27, 2005 11:38 am

If the council will not take the time to TRain Instrucors then they have a problem. I am guessing they do not want the Liability. Our council will ytrain those that the COPE Director or Myself feel are qualified and do the Correct Procedures. I am sure that part of the Problem are a few things in the Standard and COS program.
wagionvigil
Counselor

Return to Camping, Hiking, and Outdoor Fun