International Tour Plan?

Everything done outdoors! Experiences, ideas, tips, and places to go! Hiking and geocaching; backpacking and camping; cold-weather and snow camping, too!

Moderators: Site Admin, Moderators

International Tour Plan?

Postby fritz1255 » Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:58 am

Our Troop plans to take an international trip this summer. Evey other time we did this, we filled out an "International Tour Permit". Do we use the "Tour Plan" now? The instructions refer to trips of more than 500 miles, but there is no mention of international trips.
fritz1255
Life

Re: International Tour Plan?

Postby FrankJ » Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:17 pm

Once a ponce a time you used the national tour plan for international trips. Doesn't exist any more. Last time I talked to my council TP administrator, they wanted the PDF version of the tour plan for what use to be the "national TP". Not the current online version that is sort of the old online tour permit. The difference "local" & "national" was the time they want to process it--they no longer send either to national for approval. On May 1st? a new online system is suppose to replace everything.

So currently the PDF tour plan is what you should use. Best bet is to talk to who ever processes TPs in your council & find out what they want.
Frank J.
Venturing Crew Adviser, Assistant Scout Master, Renegade Merit Badge Counselor
Owl-2 WB 92-49
Foothills District Atlanta Area Council
I never teach my pupils. I only attempt to provide the conditions in which they can learn.--Albert Einstein
FrankJ
Gold Palm

Return to Camping, Hiking, and Outdoor Fun