Movie Requirement

Camping, Citizenship in the Community, Citizenship in the Nation, Citizenship in the World, Communications, Cycling, Emergency Preparedness, Environmental Science, Family Life, First Aid, Hiking, Lifesaving, Personal Fitness, Personal Management, and Swimming.

Moderators: Site Admin, Moderators

Movie Requirement

Postby d briggs » Wed Mar 23, 2005 6:04 pm

Thank you for all the ideas for movies to fulfill this requirement. I must admit that the requirement disappoints me. Scouting should be getting the boys away from the TV set not placing them back in front of it. I also do not think that Hollywood or the movie industry is our best teacher of ethics, citizenship or values. I would much rather require the boys to talk to their parents, look in newspapers, magazines or a community website to find an example from their own community of an individual or group who are making their neighborhood better by the service they render to it. Sorry...just an opinion I had to vent.
d briggs
Scout

Movie Requirement

Postby d briggs » Wed Mar 23, 2005 6:11 pm

I am sorry but my previous post on the movie requirement was suppose to be under Citizenship in the Community. I am new to the forums and I wasn't where I thought I was when I posted.
d briggs
Scout

Return to Merit Badges -- Eagle Required