Enviromental Science Experiments

Camping, Citizenship in the Community, Citizenship in the Nation, Citizenship in the World, Communications, Cycling, Emergency Preparedness, Environmental Science, Family Life, First Aid, Hiking, Lifesaving, Personal Fitness, Personal Management, and Swimming.

Moderators: Site Admin, Moderators

Enviromental Science Experiments

Postby The_Ed » Wed Mar 09, 2005 8:07 pm

Does anybody know of any experiments I can do while it is still cold (I cant really get any plants)? I need to complete 3 b, c, and d (Air, Water, and Land Pollution). Thanks to anyone who can help me out.
The_Ed
Scout

Postby diamondbackAPL » Tue Apr 05, 2005 4:55 pm

look in the merit badge book.
diamondbackAPL
Eagle

Postby Leatherbookcovers » Sat Jul 22, 2006 12:25 pm

do the water polution one
Leatherbookcovers

Re: Enviromental Science Experiments

Postby farmwife » Wed Jun 20, 2007 12:21 pm

The_Ed wrote:Does anybody know of any experiments I can do while it is still cold (I cant really get any plants)? I need to complete 3 b, c, and d (Air, Water, and Land Pollution). Thanks to anyone who can help me out.

I recently taught the Env. Sc. MB for our troop. I have an outline for everything about the badge. <Snip.>
Angie

Edited by: RWSmith
farmwife
Tenderfoot

Postby RWSmith » Wed Jun 20, 2007 1:54 pm

Angie,

Suggestion: Please do not ask youth members for their e-mail address. Instead, post a link to the content you want to share. Alternativley, contact one of the Site Admins and ask them for help getting it posted online. P.S. Welcome to the board.
RWSmith
Site Admin

Postby international » Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:34 pm

farmwife wrote:
The_Ed wrote:I recently taught the Env. Sc. MB for our troop. I have an outline for everything about the badge. <Snip.>
Angie

Would you please help my son out with req. #5? neither him or the Counsel know what to do it
Thank you
international
First Class

Postby RWSmith » Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:07 pm

international wrote:
farmwife wrote:
The_Ed wrote:I recently taught the Env. Sc. MB for our troop. I have an outline for everything about the badge. <Snip.>
Angie

Would you please help my son out with req. #5? neither him or the Counsel know what to do it
Thank you

This is one of those situations (MBs) where the MB pamphlet is (almost) a "must have" item, as it covers everything in great detail. Check your Troop's MB pamphlet library, or ask your SM.

Also, click here for a list of Scout Shops near you. Or, click here to order online.

You can also visit http://www.meritbadge.org and http://www.USScouts.org for other online resources.
RWSmith
Site Admin

Postby international » Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:21 pm

Thank you so much, I'll let my son know :D
international
First Class

Postby WeeWillie » Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:59 pm

International

Is your son's MBC a registered MBC with Council? I find it difficult to believe that a qualified MBC would have a problem with any of the requirements for this MB. Merit Badge pamphlets are wriiten for middle school aged Scouts. Is this your son who is 17; taking college courses; waited until the last minute for his Life BOR' had his ELSP rejected 4 times; and needs to go camping with another troop to complete his 20th day/night camping for Camping MB?
Mike Wilson
MBC, Cochise District, Catalina Council, Sierra Vista, AZ
WeeWillie
Eagle

Postby ronin718 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:43 am

WeeWillie wrote:International

Is your son's MBC a registered MBC with Council? I find it difficult to believe that a qualified MBC would have a problem with any of the requirements for this MB. Merit Badge pamphlets are wriiten for middle school aged Scouts. Is this your son who is 17; taking college courses; waited until the last minute for his Life BOR' had his ELSP rejected 4 times; and needs to go camping with another troop to complete his 20th day/night camping for Camping MB?

Okay, let's remember... A Scout is Friendly... Courteous... Kind...

For me, this comment was fine right up to the point where it started "attacking" the kid. I just don't see the relevance of the queries after the first question. We may get frustrated with the actions and choices of the kids, but we don't need to drag them through the forum mud. :shock:
1st ASM, 2010 NCAC Jambo Troop 521
WB NE-IV-216 Eagle, Beaded 17 June 2010
Unit Commissioner, Goose Creek District
ronin718
Eagle

Postby international » Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:05 am

WeeWillie wrote:International

Is your son's MBC a registered MBC with Council? I find it difficult to believe that a qualified MBC would have a problem with any of the requirements for this MB. Merit Badge pamphlets are wriiten for middle school aged Scouts. Is this your son who is 17; taking college courses; waited until the last-minute for his Life BOR' had his ELSP rejected 4 times; and needs to go camping with another troop to complete his 20th day/night camping for Camping MB?

Yes the MBC is registered with Council. Yes he's the one, and he is taking a College course on this same subject. Not quite correct, but I guess he did not manage his time very well. The ELSP was not rejected 4 times,(the project he had in September) is the same one that he's doing, just took time to get it approved. Also he attended 95% the Troop camp outs, and most of Summer Camps( except last year, because he was taking some College prep courses during the Summer)

He went to England for the 100th Scouts Anniversary Jamboree, and the year before he went to a Camporee in another European Country.
So, he had way more than the 20 camping nights, but in his records it showed (0)... whatever the MBC did took into account all his camping experiences (he actually know's my son since Cubs scouts), and decided that the requirement was done.

About the req. #5, I looked at it also, and the problem is not the difficulty,(I think) it's the understanding of it, whatever the MBC did research it and follow up with my son, and I think he gets it now.

Now the only thing he needs is a MBC to sign his swimming MB ... and theres only 1 available and he just lost someone in the family, so he's taking some time off ...

I know, what you're thinking, and you're right. My son, was waiting for the very last minute to do everything, and it's frustrating, but that's the way he does things, and he takes all the consequences of his lack of time management, I only get involved when stuff happens that its beyond him, his temperament, and in my opinion not right.

Thanks
international
First Class

Return to Merit Badges -- Eagle Required