New requirements for Citizenship in the Nation

Camping, Citizenship in the Community, Citizenship in the Nation, Citizenship in the World, Communications, Cycling, Emergency Preparedness, Environmental Science, Family Life, First Aid, Hiking, Lifesaving, Personal Fitness, Personal Management, and Swimming.

Moderators: Site Admin, Moderators

Re: New requirements for Citizenship in the Nation

Postby PaulSWolf » Sat Mar 05, 2005 12:59 pm

PaulSWolf wrote:While Mike gets meritbadge.com updated, you can see ALL the changes to advancements at:

http://users.adelphia.net/~pwolf/USScou ... ges05.html

As many of you may have noticed, our site is back on line. We haven't announced it officially yet, as we are still debugging, but for the most part, we're up and running fine.

The page at the URL I gave before has been changed to redirect you to our permanent site. Or you can just use the following link to access the site.
http://usscouts.org/advance/boyscout/advchanges05.html

All of our merit badge pages are up to date, as well, including the historical information.

Rick: Could you send a copy of your worksheet to me, as well? Thanks.
Paul S. Wolf, P.E.(Ret.) mailto:pwolf@usscouts.org
Secretary, US Scouting Service Project, Inc.
PaulSWolf
Counselor

Postby optimist » Tue Mar 08, 2005 5:32 pm

New worksheets are up for the following merit badges:

Archery
Astronomy
Camping
Citizenship in the Community
Citizenship in the Nation
Cooking
Cycling
Electronics
Emergency Preparedness
Family Life
Fire Safety
First Aid
Fish and Wildlife Management
Medicine
Metalwork
Plumbing
Railroading
Soil and Water Conservation
Textile
Theater

The rest should be up soon.
optimist
Adv Chair

where can i find the answers

Postby dan » Thu Mar 10, 2005 5:32 pm

I am teaching the merit badge class for Citizenship in the Nation. i was wondering where i can find all the answers for the packet.
dan

Postby optimist » Thu Mar 10, 2005 7:14 pm

MeritBadge.com does not publish answer guides. Besides, the answers are unique to each Scout. For instance:

Choose a national monument that interests you. Using books, brochures, the Internet (with your parent's permission), and other resources, find out more about the monument. Tell your counselor what you learned, and explain why the monument is important to this country's citizens.

I know of a half dozen national monuments in my state so I'm assuming there are well over one hundred nationwide. The answer guide for this kind of question would be the size of a book :) The answer guide for the entire Citizenship in the Nation merit badge could run several thousand pages :shock:
optimist
Adv Chair

Re: where can i find the answers

Postby ASM-142 » Fri Mar 11, 2005 9:50 am

dan wrote:I am teaching the merit badge class for Citizenship in the Nation. i was wondering where i can find all the answers for the packet.

If you are an appoved merit badge counselor that would indicate that you have expertise in that specific merit badge. I am not sure why you would be asking others for answers that you should already know.
ASM-142
Bronze Palm

Previous

Return to Merit Badges -- Eagle Required