eagle scout packet

Camping, Citizenship in the Community, Citizenship in the Nation, Citizenship in the World, Communications, Cycling, Emergency Preparedness, Environmental Science, Family Life, First Aid, Hiking, Lifesaving, Personal Fitness, Personal Management, and Swimming.

Moderators: Site Admin, Moderators

eagle scout packet

Postby hacimsaalk » Tue Jan 10, 2006 6:41 pm

im in the process of coming up with an eagle service project. i know i need the paper work that goes along with this. where do i get this? besides the paper work, is there anything else i need?

thanks.
Micah

PA

JASM and Assistant Patrol Leader
Life Scout
High Adventure Patrol Leader

Dept. 24
EMT
Jr. Firefighter
hacimsaalk
Eagle

Postby Mrw » Tue Jan 10, 2006 9:27 pm

You should get it from your local Council service center.

All the forms are available on-line somewhere, but the whole package will look much better if you use the printed book rather than the loose sheets you printed. Look for the forms on-line to get a good idea of what you need to have to put the project together for approval while you are waiting for someone to get the packet from the service center.
Mother of two Eagles and troop Advancement Chair
Mrw
Gold Palm

Postby PaulSWolf » Tue Jan 10, 2006 10:20 pm

Mrw wrote:You should get it from your local Council service center.

All the forms are available on-line somewhere, but the whole package will look much better if you use the printed book rather than the loose sheets you printed. Look for the forms on-line to get a good idea of what you need to have to put the project together for approval while you are waiting for someone to get the packet from the service center.

Actually, I personally think the RTF format version, with you using it in a word processor looks better than the printed project workbook with either handwritten, or cut and paste data.

The application form (pdf) and the project workbook (pdf or rtf) can be downloaded from the bsa website at http://www.scouting.org/boyscouts/eagle ... index.html

I'd also check with your local Council to see if there are any other forms or information sheets they want you to submit.
Paul S. Wolf, P.E.(Ret.) mailto:pwolf@usscouts.org
Secretary, US Scouting Service Project, Inc.
PaulSWolf
Counselor

Postby wagionvigil » Wed Jan 11, 2006 7:39 am

Micah when you had your Life Scout Court of Horor you should have been given your Eagle Packet. ACtually I give it to the boy immediately when I get it if there is a delay in the COH.
NER Area 4 COPE/Climbing Chairman
NE Area 4 Venturing Chairman
"If You Ain't a Bear, You're a Meal!"
wagionvigil
Counselor

Postby hacimsaalk » Wed Jan 11, 2006 7:47 am

wagionvigil wrote:Micah when you had your Life Scout Court of Horor you should have been given your Eagle Packet. ACtually I give it to the boy immediately when I get it if there is a delay in the COH.

this doesnt happen in our troop for some reason. in our troop the stress responsibility, so i have a feeling that is why no body gets them.
Micah

PA

Life Scout

Dept. 24
EMT
Jr. Firefighter
hacimsaalk
Eagle

Postby wagionvigil » Wed Jan 11, 2006 8:06 am

Call your service center and request one sent to you. It is a National Requirement.
wagionvigil
Counselor

Postby Scouting179 » Wed Jan 11, 2006 9:17 am

Your council office, troop, and web sites are all option to get the info. Here's our site: http://members.cox.net/scouting179 (go to the eagle section on the links page).
Eagle Scout, 22 Jan 1974
ISCA 5537L, Wood Badge SR 571
Chowanoc District Advancement Chairman
Tidewater Council, VA
http://members.cox.net/scouting179
Scouting179
Bronze Palm

Postby wagionvigil » Wed Jan 11, 2006 9:22 am

The One from council usually includes all the scholarship information also. At least ours does.
wagionvigil
Counselor

Postby Lynda J » Wed Jan 11, 2006 11:08 am

Micah. If you will go to the home page for this site you will find a list for FORMS. Go to that list and you will find the RTF file for the Eagle Packet.
We like for the boys to use this one to do their write up. But you also should use the original for the signoff on the project and such. I personally like the RTF file much better.
your community is a tree. You are either a leaf that feeds it or mistletoe that suckes it dry. Be sure you are always a leaf.
Lynda J
Gold Palm

Postby hacimsaalk » Wed Jan 11, 2006 4:18 pm

i looked at the rtf on the main website. i looked it over. is there any requirement for hours, or is it just as many hours as you need.
Micah

PA

Life Scout

Dept. 24
EMT
Jr. Firefighter
hacimsaalk
Eagle

Postby Mrw » Wed Jan 11, 2006 4:24 pm

There is no official requirement for hours.

Some councils/districts/troop set a limit as they think of it as a way to quantify how much effort was put forth.

Just be sure your project is of beneift to the community in some form and that is has a component that shows how you showed leadership in accomplishing what you set out to do.

A project that is very simple to accomplish will not show the leadership skills that an Eagle is supposed to be learning and practicing.
Mrw
Gold Palm

Postby hacimsaalk » Wed Jan 11, 2006 5:09 pm

Mrw wrote:
Just be sure your project is of beneift to the community in some form and that is has a component that shows how you showed leadership in accomplishing what you set out to do.

A project that is very simple to accomplish will not show the leadership skills that an Eagle is supposed to be learning and practicing.

ill keep this in mind. im scheduled to give the lady from the wildlife refuge a call tomorrow.

when i do this project, am i suppossed to help along with the other scouts, or should i just lead and let them do the work ?
Micah

PA

Life Scout

Dept. 24
EMT
Jr. Firefighter
hacimsaalk
Eagle

Postby Lynda J » Wed Jan 11, 2006 5:20 pm

You should show leadership for having others help with the project but it is also good that you do part of the work also.
your community is a tree. You are either a leaf that feeds it or mistletoe that suckes it dry. Be sure you are always a leaf.
Lynda J
Gold Palm

Postby wagionvigil » Wed Jan 11, 2006 5:39 pm

Micah
Remember you MUST have your project approved by te District Advancement Chairman before you can start on it. This is all in the Eagle Project book. Iknow a Board that had to turn a young man down for Eagle as he did not have his project approved b efore he did it. He later did it correctly But that took time Money and Energy.
wagionvigil
Counselor

Postby hacimsaalk » Wed Jan 11, 2006 7:15 pm

wagionvigil wrote:Micah
Remember you MUST have your project approved by te District Advancement Chairman before you can start on it. This is all in the Eagle Project book. Iknow a Board that had to turn a young man down for Eagle as he did not have his project approved b efore he did it. He later did it correctly But that took time Money and Energy.

i know it has to be approved. im calling the wildlife refuge to see what they need done.
Micah

PA

Life Scout

Dept. 24
EMT
Jr. Firefighter
hacimsaalk
Eagle

Postby ICanCanoeCanU » Wed Jan 11, 2006 7:23 pm

Life Scout (Eagle on May 30)

just curious - what does the Eagle on May 30 mean?
ICanCanoeCanU
Eagle

Postby hacimsaalk » Wed Jan 11, 2006 7:42 pm

ICanCanoeCanU wrote:
Life Scout (Eagle on May 30)

just curious - what does the Eagle on May 30 mean?

if i get everything done that i need to, i will be elgible for my BOR on this date.
Micah

PA

Life Scout

Dept. 24
EMT
Jr. Firefighter
hacimsaalk
Eagle

Postby Mrw » Wed Jan 11, 2006 8:53 pm

Part of being a good leader is helping to do the work and showing how to do it correctly.

Keep thinking of other options if the wildlife refuge doesn't have something that fits your needs.
Last edited by Mrw on Thu Jan 12, 2006 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mrw
Gold Palm

Postby hacimsaalk » Thu Jan 12, 2006 7:45 am

Mrw wrote:
Kepp thinking of other options if the wildlife refuge doesn't have something that fits your needs.

i also have a date lined up with the PGC. i have a few ideas for them too.
Micah

PA

Life Scout

Dept. 24
EMT
Jr. Firefighter
hacimsaalk
Eagle

Postby Lynda J » Thu Jan 12, 2006 12:09 pm

Micah. Remember the journey to Eagle is not a race. It isn't how fast you can become an Eagle. There is a big difference between reaching the Rank of Eagle and earning the Rank of Eagle. Once you have earned Eagle there is a hugh amount of responsibility that goes with that rank.
YOu need to figure out what you plan on giving back to Scouting. How do you plan on improving your Troop and District once you have reached Eagle. The Rank of Eagle it totally different than any other rank you have earned.
Enjoy the journey to Eagle. Smell the roses along the path. Sit and watch the birds. Don't go down the trail with blinders on only seeing the end of the trail and not the beauty along the way.

Kevin earned Life at 12. He could be Eagle by July at 13. Do I want him to do that? To be honest NO. I sincerely hope it takes him over a year to achieve the Rank of Eagle. Will he be a good Eagle even at 13? Yes. But I really want him to take a slow journey down this very important trail.
Lynda J
Gold Palm

Next

Return to Merit Badges -- Eagle Required