Personal Management Question

Camping, Citizenship in the Community, Citizenship in the Nation, Citizenship in the World, Communications, Cycling, Emergency Preparedness, Environmental Science, Family Life, First Aid, Hiking, Lifesaving, Personal Fitness, Personal Management, and Swimming.

Moderators: Site Admin, Moderators

Personal Management Question

Postby kjollyvance » Mon Oct 03, 2005 10:38 pm

In fullfilling requirement #10 is it supposed to actually take a year or can the Scout go back a year on prices and therefore do that requirement much more quickly?
kjollyvance
Scout

Postby Hamish17 » Mon Oct 03, 2005 11:35 pm

I don't see anything in requirement #10 that mentions a year.
Scout Dad 1757
Life - ASPL
Hamish17
Second Class

Re: Personal Management Question

Postby PaulSWolf » Mon Oct 03, 2005 11:43 pm

kjollyvance wrote:In fullfilling requirement #10 is it supposed to actually take a year or can the Scout go back a year on prices and therefore do that requirement much more quickly?

I don't understand your question. I don't see anything in requirement 10 that discusses prices:

10 Do the following:
a. Choose a career you might want to enter after high school or college graduation.
b. Research the limitations of your anticipated career and discuss with your merit badge counselor what you have learned about qualifications such as education, skills, and experience.

If you mean Requirement 5:
5. Select five publicly traded stocks from the business section of the newspaper. Explain to your merit badge counselor the importance of the following information for each stock:
a. Current price
b. How much the price changed from the previous day
c. The 52-week high and the 52-week low prices
then the 52 week high and low are running values that are regularly published. For example, you'll see a listing for Ford Motor Co. if you look at the following web page:
http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=f

As of the normal close of business on 10/3/2005, it shows the current price as 9.89, the change from the previous day as up 0.03, and the 52wk Range as 9.07 - 15.00

So, between 10/3/2004 and 10/3/2005 the price ranged from 9.07/share to 15.00/share (taking stock splits, if there were any, into account).
Paul S. Wolf, P.E.(Ret.) mailto:pwolf@usscouts.org
Secretary, US Scouting Service Project, Inc.
PaulSWolf
Counselor

Personal Management

Postby kjollyvance » Tue Oct 04, 2005 7:08 am

Thanks, you answered my question.
kjollyvance
Scout

Return to Merit Badges -- Eagle Required