Comunications- Web Site

Camping, Citizenship in the Community, Citizenship in the Nation, Citizenship in the World, Communications, Cycling, Emergency Preparedness, Environmental Science, Family Life, First Aid, Hiking, Lifesaving, Personal Fitness, Personal Management, and Swimming.

Moderators: Site Admin, Moderators

Comunications- Web Site

Postby tuscarora299 » Fri Aug 12, 2005 9:01 am

I got a email this morning, it was from one of the moms in the cub pack who has 2 sons, one is 17, and one is 10 and isn't in the Troop yet, but she was going to do our Troop web site and now, they're MOVING so, there is a Merit Badge class in January for Communications,and I want to do the troop web site for the requirement that you make a flyer,or web site or something, since she is gone do you think I can make the web site, but the class is in January, so what should I do.
Ryan
Troop Guide
Star Scout
tuscarora299
First Class

Postby Mrw » Fri Aug 12, 2005 11:18 am

I would think that creating the web site for the troop would be done outside of the merit badge actual class time anyways, so I am not sure what the question is.

If you have an opportunity dropped in your lap, you should take it and run with it. As our troop advancement chair, I would encourage a boy to go ahead and work on the badges he wants or needs on his schedule, not just wait for when there will be a class sometime in the future.

If you finish the badge before January, good for you! If you still have some parts left to do, that is okay. The class will just be easier then.

Actually, with a requirement to plan and put on a Court of Honor of campfire program as a requirement for the badge, you need to get a fair amount done on your own before the class anyway.
Mother of two Eagles and troop Advancement Chair
Mrw
Gold Palm

Postby ASM-142 » Fri Aug 12, 2005 12:36 pm

Why would a scout have to wait for a class to work on a MB?
If it is not written down then it is not an official rule
ASM-142
Bronze Palm

Postby wagionvigil » Fri Aug 12, 2005 1:54 pm

Get a Blue Card Signed by your scoutmaster for Communications then anything you do will count.
NER Area 4 COPE/Climbing Chairman
NE Area 4 Venturing Chairman
"If You Ain't a Bear, You're a Meal!"
wagionvigil
Counselor

Return to Merit Badges -- Eagle Required